124»

Replies

• 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • MechanicalKid1
    Options
    This is THE most inspirational picture I've ever seen!
    You look AMAZING!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing and a lot younger and more vibrant. WTG!!!!!!!!!
  • girlholiday
    Options
    Wow! You look so good!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you for your amazing words. It literally brought tears to my eyes reading through all the replies.

Its so easy to lose sight of the bigger picture. Focusing on "If I could only lose that last 45 pounds..." instead of focusing on what you HAVE lost, and the HUGE life changes that came with it. As we all know, its not easy. Its so much easier to say screw it, get a couple cheese burgers and take a nap, rather than put in the effort of KNOWING what you're putting in your body, and taking that extra time to exercise everyday, etc. You all rule for making that effort.

As far as how I did it, in 2009, my best friend since the 5th grade was getting married that August. In March, naturally, she asked me to be her maid of honor. Of course I was honored, but not stoked to find a dress at pretty much 400 pounds. Now, being that large, you tend to go one of two ways, knowing you're that large, OR thinking you're the cats meow. I certainly thought I was the cats meow, until that dreadful day at Davids Bridal. The biggest dress they had, if I recall a size 32 was pushing it. It was the most soul crushing experience of my life. At that point I decided I was going to change.

I started weight watchers to lose weight for her wedding. I ended up dropping down to a size 26, and they actually exchanged my dress. That in itself was a miracle. I lost a total of close to 80 pounds from March to August. I then, stopped, due to whatever, and didnt pick it up again.

Fast forward to June of last year, I was at 335 pounds. Im not sure anyone's take on HCG, but I got the real stuff, and shed 100 pounds from June until the end of December. Im now at 227, and I do nothing but MFP. Watch my calories like a hawk, and exercise 5 nights a week. I can run now. I run, simply because I can. Ill never be a small gal. But Im the smallest Ive ever been, in a size 12/14. Im happy with this. My goal weight is 180. I feel like that's healthy since my moms side of the family, the women are naturally jacked. So, if anyone is in the NC area, and needs some cans crushed, rest assured I can probably do it with my knees. haha.

So thats that. You are look fabulous. Its totally do able. <3

Well done, but HCG is not currently recommended by MFP. I haven't done enough research on it, but any diet that requires you to only eat 500 calories a day is kind of scary.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!