100 Pounds lost low carbing! Jan 1st 2011-now

Options
123457»

Replies

• sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was trying to do no more than 50 carbs a day. That lasted a week...I was way too tired and had no energy and couldnt concentrate. I would really like to know how one does it? Oh, and now that I've increased my carbs again, I'm not as b*tchy, it was getting pretty bad!

Once you get past the sugar withdrawals, energy picks way up, mood evens out, life is much better. I keep my carbs around 35-40g/day.

So how long does the withdrawal phase take? I have fibromyalgia and thyroid condition, so both make me crave carbs anyway.....But, I was losing more when i did this, finally just couldnt take the tiredness anymore as the fibro and thyroid also make me tired anyway. I would really like to go back to low carb......but its so hard to function so I was wondering how long it takes before you are over the grogginess from it? Thanks!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    wow.... I loved the low carb diet!.... that's how I lost my first 100 pounds too!
  • jaqiswany
    Options
    Well Done...what an inspiration
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was trying to do no more than 50 carbs a day. That lasted a week...I was way too tired and had no energy and couldnt concentrate. I would really like to know how one does it? Oh, and now that I've increased my carbs again, I'm not as b*tchy, it was getting pretty bad!

Once you get past the sugar withdrawals, energy picks way up, mood evens out, life is much better. I keep my carbs around 35-40g/day.

So how long does the withdrawal phase take? I have fibromyalgia and thyroid condition, so both make me crave carbs anyway.....But, I was losing more when i did this, finally just couldnt take the tiredness anymore as the fibro and thyroid also make me tired anyway. I would really like to go back to low carb......but its so hard to function so I was wondering how long it takes before you are over the grogginess from it? Thanks!

Make sure you are taking a GOOD B 12 vitamin, it helps break down fat and it's a great pick me up to help beat those first draggy days... also buy potassium tablets from your pharmacist, not over the counter.... and take two in the morning with a glass of water... it does a body good :)

Once you get past the draggy days, which I know can be miserable... you really do FEEL so much better and have more energy than you will know what to do with
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing!
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congrats on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!