New Food Finds You Can't Live Without?!

Options
Since starting your new lifestyle/diet (whatever your preference) what is a new food that you are totally in love with, but really didn't eat too much of before?

I am in love with honey and Chobani Greek Yogurts!!

Replies

• Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Kale! It's super nutritious, low calorie and delicious in soups and stews. This week I am going to try making Polenta lasagna with portabellas and kale. I never used to get excited about cooking before I began my pursuit of health.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It was black beans.
  • shawnayy
    Options
    Cottage cheese! Mmm, yummy :)
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Edamame/soynuts
    Almonds
    Plain Greek yogurt with fresh fruit mixed in
    Natural almond or peanut butter (gonna try sunflower seed butter next)
  • azeiha
    azeiha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pita bread with garlic hummus, avacado and peppers warmed in the over... Mmmmmm
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Clementines, apples, and yogurt
  • IndyPokerDad
    Options
    Wasabi and Soy Sauce Almunds!!!!
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Organic Coconut Milk esp chocolate!!! :love: It has less cals, fat AND sugar and still tastes better than regular choco milk! Chobani Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal- seriously never thought i'd like that, but it's sooo yummy! Mangos, fresh green beans and snap peas... hmmmm, That's all I can think of now. :wink:
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and greek yogurt!
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    These sound so yummy my mouth is salivating....can't wait for dinner!
  • arcticbutterfly
    arcticbutterfly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I cut cherry tomatoes in half and quarter cumber slices and some sliced onions and mix it together with just a little zesty iltalian. I think im addicted to it!!! ALso I keep bags of frozen fruit in the freezer and snacks on them, they taste like mini popsicles to me! My overall favorite is frozen fruit, low cal vanilla yogurt and skim milk in the blender. Amazing smoothies and low cal!!!
  • chaoticxinsane
    Options
    Cottage cheese, hummus, and... just about any of the Campbell light soups.

... And monster absolute zero. It actually tastes BETTER than the original! Monster and various other poppy-ish drinks used to be my downfall (especially on the 1 graveyard shift I have to pull per week) but now they don't have to be!
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Prograde Lean (chocolate), although I'm not sure this is considered a "food." It's really helping me meet my protein goals without blowing out my fat macro. And it's good and doesn't taste like wet chalk! Actually pretty sweet!

I really like quinoa now, and that was a first.
    And I took someone's advice to just go into the grocery store and buy a vegetable without really knowing how I would use it, and then find recipes after. So I discovered eggplant, and that I like it in soup!
  • anewme99
    Options
    PB2-especially the chocolate! It is powdered peanut butter that you mix with water. It has 85% less fat and almost no sugar! Just 45 calories 4grams fat, 4 grams sugar and 6 gram protein. And it is organic and all natural (NO artificial sweetener!) it does have much less protein, but I do not use it as a protein-it is my go to bedtime sweet treat! Great with some celery for a crunchy/sweet treat! They have regular peanut butter or chocolate.
    you can get it from the manufacturer (bell plantations) the cheapest or from amazon
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    When I am craving a sweet, candy-like something, I grab an Atkins Peanut Cluster bar. It has kept my hand out of the Girl Scout cookie box a couple of times in the last two weeks.
  • Red7Basil
    Options
    I never used to get excited about cooking before I began my pursuit of health.

ME TOO! Since I've began, my cooking prowess has soared! Tonight I made beef and broccoli that my family not only loved, but asked me to make it again soon (and it was only 216 calories a serving!). My love of Chinese food had driven my cooking skills because I can't afford the calories that Chinese food from restaurants cost me. I live near a world market, so the new foods I can't live without are ginger, brown rice, sesame seeds, pea pods, bok choy, cabbage, rice wine vinegar, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil (in moderation). Add garlic, onion, corn starch and a meat to the previous list, and I have found I can reproduce less-bad home versions of my favorite Chinese Take-out dishes.
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    steel cut oats, asparagus, brussel sprouts and hummus. :heart:
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    Coconut milk blueberry yogurt, almond milk, daiya cheese, shiritaki noodles, my homemade soups, green monster shakes, flax meal and premade falafel from WF!
  • klhinrichsen
    klhinrichsen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bertolli frozen soups- all varieties. One bag yields two meals for me. Put it over a cup of rice and it's definitely a filler after a workout. Yummy !!!