Oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• MarkBDenton
    MarkBDenton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I nuke 1/3 cup of oatmeal with 2/3 cuo of water for 6 minutes @ 50% power setting. Then add a handful each of raisins and walnuts. Yummy
  • pinktulip76
    Options
    I dont cook it . I pour boiling water over it . When i make my first coffee for the day , enough so it soaks in ,not to flood it . Then add no fat greek yoghurt a splash of flax seed oil and bannana . Yum
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to try the overnight oats and pouring boiling water over the oats instead of cooking them. Also, I'll buy steel cut next time :)
  • slivingston89
    Options
    I add all natural honey to mine,just a drop. and sometimes cut up apples and put it in there. green apples are a simple crab and the oats are a complex crab and honey is a healthy fat so not everyday do i add honey to it. I think all those suggestions are good! it also depends on what kind of diet you are on, I do carido in the am and then eat my simple and complex crabs with my protein ( mostly being a protein shake) meal one is my fav meal of the day! :)
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I mix steel cut, and old fashion oats, non fat milk, water, cinnamon, vanilla and cook it overnight in a mini crock pot. I add blueberries, chia seeds, and agave in the morning.
  • XxKeNnYxX
    XxKeNnYxX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I prepare the oatmeal as a quick snack mainly breakfast and pre-gym snack. I add a bit of flavored coffee creamer to give it some taste.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I make mine with the hot water maker (old fashioned oats) so it's not as soft as making it the 'correct' way. Add a bit of splenda, cinnamon, and raisins.
  • Meraai82
    Meraai82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For me oats is only good for two things: Feeding horses and a home made body scrub. But my dietician reccomended that I add cinnamon, as it boosts your metabolism as well. Very conveniant - keep a stash of instant oats sachets, sweetner and a shaker of cinnamon in my drawer at the office, so I know that breakfast is taken care of even before I get to the office!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Manuka honey, berries, almonds, soy milk :)
  • kendie_mac
    kendie_mac Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do 1 packet sweetener (likely to cut that soon), cinnamon, vanilla, diced fruit (strawberry, banana, or blueberry).
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free already flavored oatmeal, I know it's processed and not as good for you, but its better than the McDonalds breakfast I used to eat every morning! My brother always adds peanut butter, he says it flavors it and the peanut butter helps you feel full longer.
  • sappyoldlady
    sappyoldlady Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love the Weight Smart Banana Bread....only kind of oatmeal that I will eat!
  • starflower7
    Options
    HI I am new and hoping to learn much from this site...I love my oatmeal.
    I have oatmeal with some blueberries and also plain yogurt....cook the oatmeal with water then add the frozen blueberries with the yogurt and reheat to desired temparature...I use the same cooking pot and wash it after...the yogurt makes it taste sweet with the fruit. Though I am diabetic I do not like to use sweetener as sweeteners make me ill and have worse muscle pain issues it seems. I feel ill when I use sweeteners....not to mention the stomach upset. But I do admit I will eat those no sugar added maltitol chocolate bars when I have to have some chocolate but I always worry the sweetener just sets you up for cancer or bad health issues as our bodies are not meant to have such things....still I do eat them.The apple and cinnamon recipes sound wonderful and I want to try them...great recipes!

Star
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Mine, everymorning :
    Around 40 grams of oatmeals
    15g of casein
    1 teaspoon of Stevia
    Few mixed nuts (I'd say 15-20 grams)
    Strawberry Coulis
    Few water
    Van Houten (pure cocoa power)
    Greek Yogurt (150 grams)

450 calories later -> The best breakfast I'm having every morning :)