Anybody up to start 30 day shred Wed.?

Options
I just got my dvd in the mail today, but my hand weights are at work. So if anyone wants to start with me...I'm starting tomorrow on Level 1!

Replies

• MyQuinney
    MyQuinney Posts: 42
    Options
    I just got my dvd in the mail today, but my hand weights are at work. So if anyone wants to start with me...I'm starting tomorrow on Level 1!
  • stephfannie86
    Options
    How often do you do it? 6 times a week? How do you know when to go to level 2?
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    How often do you do it? 6 times a week? How do you know when to go to level 2?

I am going to try to do like the dvd suggest and do it everyday. However, after just watching it....whew! That's my goal....I'm guessing that you could go your own pace as far as how many times a week. The dvd also says to move up a level when you're good with the one you're on. So that's what I'll try! What do you think?
  • AshAndrews
    Options
    I'm in! I have done it 4 times, but it's been almost a week since I did it last. I would like to commit to doing it each morning before work (M-F).
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    I'm in! I have done it 4 times, but it's been almost a week since I did it last. I would like to commit to doing it each morning before work (M-F).

5x a week sounds perfect!!! Let's do it starting tomorrow! Heh...that almost sounds weird...let's start exercising.......tomorrow! LOL
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I got the dvd about a month ago but have only done level 1 a few times. I need to be accoutable for doing it everyday or else I won't do it. I will stay at level one until I can do the plank pushups instead of the girlie pushups. I have already reached my goal weight about 6 months ago but I need to do some major toning.
    Karen
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    Glad that you're in! WOW on your 62 lbs!!!!! Those push ups are HARD! I watched the dvd and I'm not sure I can do as many as they do....even at the girlie level! Let me know how it goes after tomorrow!
  • stephfannie86
    Options
    For some reason i was under the impression that it was meant for you to do twice a day for 6 days. Does that seem unreasonable? I guess that it not what it said but I dont know that because i get it ondemand from comcast.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Do you ladies mind if I join you? I just started it yesterday. I need to loose 25lbs and hoping that this will help me do that. Not sure that I can do it everyday. I get bored with works out fast. I am going to do my best to do it everyday but if nothing else I will turn it into a six week program and do it three times a week.

Are any of you going to do any other exercise along with it?
  • AshAndrews
    Options
    One day down, 29 to go!

I am striving to get my workouts in before I leave for school in the morning (I'm a teacher). I figure that I can do ANYTHING for 25 minutes in the morning, right? I only have 30 days of school left, so I have to do it EVERY Day! Then I will be prepared to don my bikini -- or at least better prepared than I am now!

As for other workouts, here's my gig. I am training for a half marathon on May 31st, therefore I need to run! I run 3 days per week: Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. I plan to do the elliptical machine and/or Jillian Michaels' Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism at least three days per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and/or Sunday. It's rigorous, but it should help get the job done!

Looking forward to seeing everybody's success!

Ashley
  • kasuki
    Options
    One day down 29 to go. I was able to keep pace on level 1 today with only a little huffing and puffing but I must say when using the weights my arms did get a little shakey. I just don;t know if I am doing the ab work right cuz I just don't feel my abs working. I only felt it in the abs on the bicyle set at the end and then it was like right at the top of rib area instead of upper and lower abs. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? My hrm said I burned 160 calories for 27 minutes. Felt like I worked harder then that but I have a real low resting heart rate.
    I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow
    Karen
  • yari
    yari Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi all, i would love to join your group, I am new to my fitness pal... I have the 30 day shred and have done it on and off but not consistently, I think this group would work great for me....I am off to shred now, chat a lil later

Yari :flowerforyou:
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    Do you ladies mind if I join you? I just started it yesterday. I need to loose 25lbs and hoping that this will help me do that. Not sure that I can do it everyday. I get bored with works out fast. I am going to do my best to do it everyday but if nothing else I will turn it into a six week program and do it three times a week.

Are any of you going to do any other exercise along with it?

I think it's great that you're starting with us!!! I'm going to try 5x a week. I am also running 4-5 times a week as well. I'm just now getting ready to do my first try! Glad you're joining up with us!
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    For some reason i was under the impression that it was meant for you to do twice a day for 6 days. Does that seem unreasonable? I guess that it not what it said but I dont know that because i get it ondemand from comcast.

I believe you do it once a day for 30 days. However, I'm only doing it 5 times a week.
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    One day down 29 to go. I was able to keep pace on level 1 today with only a little huffing and puffing but I must say when using the weights my arms did get a little shakey. I just don;t know if I am doing the ab work right cuz I just don't feel my abs working. I only felt it in the abs on the bicyle set at the end and then it was like right at the top of rib area instead of upper and lower abs. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? My hrm said I burned 160 calories for 27 minutes. Felt like I worked harder then that but I have a real low resting heart rate.
    I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow
    Karen

Hey there! I'm getting ready to go do it in a few mins! Tell me about your HRM. How does it work? I'm proud of you for hanging in there! I watched it last night and it looks TOUGH! Way to go!
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    Hi all, i would love to join your group, I am new to my fitness pal... I have the 30 day shred and have done it on and off but not consistently, I think this group would work great for me....I am off to shred now, chat a lil later

Yari :flowerforyou:

Hey Yari! I can't wait to see how it went for you! Glad you're joining us! We should think of a name for this little group! Let me know how you're doing!
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    Hey Ashley! I'm a teacher, too! What a job right? Anyway...glad you're shredding with us! And good luck on that half marathon! I tried to do the country music one in Nashville last April....but got a stress fracture and had to quit running 2 days before the race. :sad: So now I'm finally back running. Between shredding and running....I should lose a little! Let us all know how it's going!
  • MyQuinney
    Options
    Ok...just for the record...I said earlier that I was going to go do the first Shred in a few mins...I'm really waiting until Wednesday. :blushing: That's why I started this! Anyway...I can't wait to hear from anyone who's on here that's started!
  • yari
    yari Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi all i have completed level 1 day 1 for me (its been a while since i popped that DVD in) and i am beat...I did that along with my 200 sit up challange (I started this one today), i managed to do 30 sit-up....lets just say my abs are killing me

myquinney and ashley~ I am studying for my associates in Early Childhood Education..Being a teacher has always been a dream of mine

I need to get myself a heart rate monitor...anyone have any suggestions??

Well time for me to shower and hit the sack, have a great evening all and we will chat tomorrow

:heart: :heart: Yari:heart::heart:
  • kasuki
    Options
    Got a few teachers and soon to be teachers here. I am not a teacher but I am the Head Custodian of an elementary school so I too am around children all day and get to clean up all the messes that they make. I really do like my job though and the freedom that I have to be all over the building inside or out anytime I want instead of bring trapped in the same place all day. Everyone at my school says the custodian is the one really incharge of the school because I can get or find or solve many of their daily needs or issues. They always come to me to find out what is happening in the school or can they use a certain area at a certain time as I always know what is happening where. So teachers and soon to be teachers get to know your custodians because we are a great group of people