I broke up with my girlfriend of 12 years....

Options
13»

Replies

• SGartz
    SGartz Posts: 57
    Options
    Just an update for all those who took the time to comment on my thread...

Well, the more time I am away from her, the harder it seems. If I'm perfectly honest, I feel like I could take her back tomorrow. I knew I would go through these emotions, but I didn't realise how much of an impact they would have. I miss everything about her right now, I can't imagine my life withough her. I feel a fool, like I didn't see what was right in front of me.

Why are we so blumming complicated!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Just an update for all those who took the time to comment on my thread...

Well, the more time I am away from her, the harder it seems. If I'm perfectly honest, I feel like I could take her back tomorrow. I knew I would go through these emotions, but I didn't realise how much of an impact they would have. I miss everything about her right now, I can't imagine my life withough her. I feel a fool, like I didn't see what was right in front of me.

Why are we so blumming complicated!!

I would suggest counselling as a few other people have mentioned.

Being with somebody for so long is bound to make you feel all these emotions, even if the person just isn't right for you. It's up to you at the end of the day whether you think you can make this work again, but if you don't do "something" differently, it will most likely just end up in the same way again - and going round in circles.

Counselling should help you both to communicate better, discuss what's good, what needs change etc etc and if you do decide to give it another go, then you have that supporting you. If it doesn't work out then, at least you gave it your all, and you'll know for sure :)

Good luck! :smile:
  • SGartz
    SGartz Posts: 57
    Options
    See I'm not sure about councelling, I think this is more of an American thing, I wouldn't know where to start looking for one in the UK. Besides, I can imagine them being very expensive!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    See I'm not sure about councelling, I think this is more of an American thing, I wouldn't know where to start looking for one in the UK. Besides, I can imagine them being very expensive!

It's not just American. I'm from the UK too! :D

I've heard "Relate" is good. http://www.relate.org.uk/home/index.html It's probably the most well known one. I think they have local relate counselling places all over the country.
    I found through a quick google search: £40 an hour for a trained relate counsellor. So yes, expensive. It depends though on what you need / want.

If you decided to get back with her, but no counselling, you would probably have to have a serious long talk about all the issues you've had over the years.. what you love about each other.. what you're missing (is it just the being with somebody, and security, or actually her) .. what gets on your nerves..what you argue about most.. what can you change to make it better. You can't just sweep all the issues under the carpet or they'll arise sometime in the future again and the situation won't be any better.
    Communication is key, as so many people say :smile: Without it, most people don't get very far.