Drinking 8 cups of water on this diet helps with what?

Options
1235»

Replies

• PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Finally a thread that is informative and respectful on this subject ! Please shut it down now before it is too late!

LOLOLOLOL!!!
  • PrincessStubbie
    Options
    tumblr_lz4stoPNMk1rnygh0o1_500.jpg

Finally after 6 tries. ha!

Oooh a pretty picture - I understand now, lol... thanks for sharing - I really thought it to be cute - some of us really do need to be explained things in the most of simplest ways as possible

I agree! Thank you!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Finally a thread that is informative and respectful on this subject ! Please shut it down now before it is too late!

AMEN! We almost lost it!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I know when I started faithfully drinking the minimum 64 ounces (more on exercise days) I noticed my complextion changed and I was putting moisturizing lotion on my hands less frequently too. I know it keeps us from being dehydrated and helps keeps things moving in our digestive system too. I try to drink my 64 ounces before I allow myself to have ice tea or some other beverage. It's my incentive to get my minimum water in. I also agree with someone elses comment, I LOVE my water to be cold and find it easier to drink too because I just don't care for water. I keep a bag of ice in the freezer at work too or have a coworker get me a large cup of ice when they go to the convenience store or Sonic or something like that. At first you will constantly have to "tinkle" but once your body is used to the routine that will change.

Totally agree on complextion! :) Love that about water! P.S> I go to sonic just for the ice!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    I most definitely need to pee now.

Just thought I'd share :bigsmile:
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As I sit here reading and chugging my water I feel the need to take a bathroom break lol

I love my water, it took me a while to get used to drinking it because I used to drink 2 L bottles of pop a day or more, plus a pot of coffee or two.

Now I just mostly drink water.

And now that I have a cold right now I am drinking 4-5 L a day. I'm just so thirsty. I just listen to what my body wants. And right now, it wants water. And wants to pee lol
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    When I started drinking 100 ounces of water a day, with no other changes to my diet, I dropped 9 pounds.
    [/quote]

100 ounces?? Wow - I feel like I'm drowning just drinking 64 ounces a day! (except when I'm working out and sweating of course!) But I read on another thread recently from a personal trainer that if you're trying to lose weight, you should drink a percentage of your body weight. I can't remeber what the exact percentage was but when I did the math it came out to 75 oz of water for me personally.

Can anyone verify that?
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who loves drinking water also. I carry a water bottle or cup around with me all the time and I'm sure I get much more than 8 cups a day.

However, here is an interesting article based on scientific studies that takes the opposite view of pretty much everyone in this thread:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20080402/health-benefits-of-water-oversold

I had somewhere read about the study showing that a lot of water actually hinders your kidneys in filtering toxins. Not sure how much of a hindrance it is in the scheme of things, though.

Just posting this as food for thought . . .
  • PrincessStubbie
    Options
    I know when I started faithfully drinking the minimum 64 ounces (more on exercise days) I noticed my complextion changed and I was putting moisturizing lotion on my hands less frequently too. I know it keeps us from being dehydrated and helps keeps things moving in our digestive system too. I try to drink my 64 ounces before I allow myself to have ice tea or some other beverage. It's my incentive to get my minimum water in. I also agree with someone elses comment, I LOVE my water to be cold and find it easier to drink too because I just don't care for water. I keep a bag of ice in the freezer at work too or have a coworker get me a large cup of ice when they go to the convenience store or Sonic or something like that. At first you will constantly have to "tinkle" but once your body is used to the routine that will change.

Totally agree on complextion! :) Love that about water! P.S> I go to sonic just for the ice!

I <3 Sonic ice!
  • karah0011
    karah0011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    *chugging water as we speak* :wink:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who loves drinking water also. I carry a water bottle or cup around with me all the time and I'm sure I get much more than 8 cups a day.

However, here is an interesting article based on scientific studies that takes the opposite view of pretty much everyone in this thread:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20080402/health-benefits-of-water-oversold

I had somewhere read about the study showing that a lot of water actually hinders your kidneys in filtering toxins. Not sure how much of a hindrance it is in the scheme of things, though.

Just posting this as food for thought . . .

The key sentence for me in that article is: On the other hand, he adds, "There is also no clear evidence of lack of benefit."

When numerous other articles I have read lately gave a treatment of "drink more water" from, how to flush ketones from your system to how to prevent urinary tract infection.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    What does drinking all that water ultimately help with? Is it more with curbing your appetite so you don’t eat more or does it actually help with more internal stuff.

I’ve heard multiple things but what does it really do.. in your opinion or of actual fact

It is recommend that your drink as much as half of your body weight. Ie: If you weight 150 divided by 2 = 75 ounces of water. Water is not only a good way to help curb the appetite but....it is essential for your body to stay hydrated.

Here is a helpful link on why its important to drink water.

http://www.thedietchannel.com/Top-4-Benefits-of-Drinking-Water.htm
    OUCH by that math I should be drinking 20 8oz cups of water! I shoot for 8 and have almost a pot of coffee too. I always see the suggestion to drink a cup of water before eating it help you fill up and triggers the sensation of fullness sooner, thus you might stop eating sooner. I have tried this and it works. When you first start drinking you are always up to the bathroom but it gets a little better. I have a desk job so it is good for me to move around .

I know! When I hear from Jillian Michaels that she recommends 80 ounces a day I almost DIED! It was so hard at first....and bathroom runs were a nightmare! But Now....its not so bad. I have 2 glasses in the am, 2 at lunch, 2 during snack and 2 by dinner. Make it a routine....

One good thing I've noticed is my skin! I feel like my skin on my face looks healither and I look less tired!

Example: I van pool to work, I have learned to hit the bathroom before boarding the van. If I am able to drink my 8 cups of water early in the day or just not as much in the afternoon I it is a good ride home. BUT if I try to catch up in the afternoon and then got to the BR before boarding I might need to go as soon as I get off. So yesterday was that kind of day, my ride from the van pool drop off was late, I walked up the street, carefully, and went to the Guitar store. Glad I had been there before cuz the BR is hidden down a hall.
    My skin is still dry, I live in a desert!
  • margerator
    Options
    It helps me get my 8 cups by drinking it is hot tea, which has no calories if you don't sweeten it!