Protein frustrations

I'm having a hard time hitting 30% protein... so my first goal is to make it to consistently 100g/day and work up from there. (That will hopefully help with tending to be low on iron, too.) Time to break into my stash of tuna, I think. Any other suggestions? Besides adding protein powders, because I don't have the budget for a good-quality one for a couple more weeks.

But I'm getting frustrated at our nutrition classes. It's all based on the Food Guide, so they're teaching 45-65% carbohydrates, 10-35% protein and 20-35% fat.... and I think it's safe to say they are mostly leaning toward that being about 65/20/15. "0.8g protein per kilogram of body weight is enough for most people; strength-training athletes would need 1g per kilogram of body weight." So her figure would have me at 89g/day right now (with target calories of 1800-2000 per day). Whereas 30% protein has me aiming for a minimum of 128g/day at my bare minimum calories of 1700/day before I've entered any exercise, or 165g/day at my more normal target of about 2200 calories.

I do want to get some benefit from the program I signed up for, but the numbers we're getting there just don't jive with what I'm learning from successful people here, from the Clean Eating series, from the "New Rules" book... so I'm just kind of keeping quiet because I don't want to be "that one" who disagrees with the teacher. LOL