This is what happens when you eat processed foods...

Options

Replies

• onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I watched this completely unphased as I ate my chips and salsa?
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    I just learned what M2A means!! I so much prefer this over ATM
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Ramen noodles are just wheat noodles that have been fried so that they reconstitute easily. The oil makes them dissolve more slowly than a noodle that has simply been cooked from a dry state. It's nothing to do with processed or unprocessed. All noodles are processed food. They started out as whole wheat, then they were milled into flour, mixed with water to form a paste, worked to form gluten strands, flattened, shaped, dried and packaged. Granted, that's not as processed as a McRib.
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Ok... I'm not even going to GO here!! :grumble:
    Thank goodness you posted to let us know you aren't.

Processed foods aren't ideal, but they surely are not the devil.

:tongue:
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Interesting video, thanks for sharing. What jumped out at me most was - it's not ok to eat processed foods but it is ok to swallow a capsule with a camera in it...:huh:
  • Jenny_Bee
    Options
    our bodies are all different, and we all have different digestive health levels/issues. I love me some food, and am thankful for being able to afford anything whether it be processed or from my backyard.
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Very telling, thanks for sharing!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    This is what happens when you eat processed foods... specifically a whole package of Oreos every three days :bigsmile:

2497623_2551.jpg

Due to recent evidence (above) I am officially changing my stance to "Please eat lots of processed foods whenever possible".
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Not all processed foods are created equal. The only ones I believe are truly bad to eat are sugar and refined carbs. Not salt, not fat. Salt isn't retained unless they are in the presence of carbs.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Not all processed foods are created equal. The only ones I believe are truly bad to eat are sugar and refined carbs. Not salt, not fat. Salt isn't retained unless they are in the presence of carbs.
    And just what is bad for you specifically, about eating sugar or refined carbs(in moderation, mind you)?
  • grinch031
    Options
    And just what is bad for you specifically, about eating sugar or refined carbs(in moderation, mind you)?

That moderation doesn't/can't exist for so many of us.
  • killagb
    Options

So then....nothing.
  • grinch031
    Options

So then....nothing.

So you can ignore the million studies out there if you like. Here is one example:

http://www.njmonline.nl/getpdf.php?t=a&id=10000756
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Interesting video, thanks for sharing. What jumped out at me most was - it's not ok to eat processed foods but it is ok to swallow a capsule with a camera in it...:huh:

lol, we so need a like button or threading like facebook. yes I worried some about people swallowing cameras and batteries and such.
  • killagb
    Options

So then....nothing.

So you can ignore the million studies out there if you like. Here is one example:

You said moderation doesn't and/or can't exist....how is that a 'study'? Your study still does not make any point of sugar or refined carbs being especially bad for you, in moderation. Trying to demonize these foods as something you'll die at an early age from by ingesting it at all is nonsense.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options

I agree -- I wasn't posting this as a "DON'T EAT PROCESSED FOODS" fear-mongering post. I love a good sandwich from Chick-Fil-A as much as anyone else. More-so, I just found it interesting regarding the time it takes stomach acid to break the food down.

I'm a firm believer in moderation. But I do believe that a lot of processed food is not healthy -- mostly because it's full of sodium, sugar, and fat.

Just a side note, b/c I don't think you were trying to slam Chick-fil-A. I worked there in high school, and I was shocked how real the chicken was. This was a long time ago, but basically, the chicken looked just like the regular boneless, skinless breasts you get at the store. It was dumped in "milkwash," which we made there out of eggs and milk. Then it was floured in their special flour, but the ingredients on the flour bag were really mostly real stuff (flour, salt, paprika, pepper), with just a few crazy chemical names. Then, it was fried in peanut oil. I was amazed that the food was normal food not junky frozen mystery parts.
  • grinch031
    Options

So then....nothing.

You said moderation doesn't and/or can't exist....how is that a 'study'? Your study still does not make any point of sugar or refined carbs being especially bad for you, in moderation. Trying to demonize these foods as something you'll die at an early age from by ingesting it at all is nonsense.

Sugar and refined carbs cause health problems and are over-consumed. Why are they over-consumed? Because they are not satiating at all and can even be considered addictive.
  • killagb
    Options

So then....nothing.

Sugar and refined carbs cause health problems and are over-consumed. Why are they over-consumed? Because they are not satiating at all and can even be considered addictive.
    But...if eaten in moderation and not as the focus of your diet, they are 100% fine.
  • grinch031
    Options

So then....nothing.

But...if eaten in moderation and not as the focus of your diet, they are 100% fine.

Except this doesn't work when the majority of the population is incapable of eating in moderation.
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I watched this completely unphased as I ate my chips and salsa?

Nah! I watched it wondering if they have to retrieve the camera I would hope they are one use type of thing.... I think that gets the weird card!