How open are you about your weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    If that friend hasn't been here for 6 months, then they've most likely gievn up on /forgotten about MFP. Just delete and don't spend a second worrying about it
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'd switch it and if he says something, unfriend him and let him know the issue.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with this too. I changed my ticker to equal my first goal of 40 lbs. I wanted to join a challenge where I had to post my weekly weight. How am I to participate if I struggle posting my weekly weigh-in and still succeed? If I want to succeed, I have to post my weight. Plain and simple. I guess they can "think" whatever they want but just don't talk to me about it. I know my problem and I'm working on it. Giving me grief will only make it harder. On the other hand, I don't think they would give me grief about it. They want me to succeed. So I'd delete the person. If they haven't been on in 6 months, it's highly unlikely that they'll ever see you deleted them or your new weight.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Most of my RL friends are not on here, but they are not trying to loss weight either. I am very open, with whoever is on here, and whoever ask for that matter. I am very proud of the progress i have made, and if people have something negative to say I just ignore it and "keep it moving".
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    well, this time I am doing this for me. I guess when you get to a certian point , you have to start doing this for you- and not what another may or may not say. I agree with all the above, get rid of the people that make you feel bad. Only you can let someone make you feel that way. You are giving them power over you. Sounds not worth it to me. I know how others have thought about me being over 100lbs overweight and it does hurt. But, this is the place where everyone is in the same boat. This place is mass love and support. Add me if you would like, I need support too. Long journey ahead. =)
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't care who knows how much I weigh. I started at 188 about 3 weeks ago, and I'm currently down to 185, with my official weigh in on a Monday so hopefully lost an extra little bit by then :wink:

The only two people I have on my friends list are my fiance and my RL best friend, and they both know how much I weigh.

My ticker currently shows how many lbs I've lost, but once I get so far along I'm planning on changing it to "lbs to go". It's a personal motivation thing. This site is the tool I use to keep a track of myself, I don't use it to track others.

As for your situation, change it to whatever you want. If he doesn't like it, then so what? Delete him from your friends list and tell him why if he asks. This is about your journey :flowerforyou:
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Very open, and those who don't much like it can blow....

Haha!!!! I love this :D
    I must say I've seen MaximalLife's comments on other posts before.....you are very openminded & say just how it is...love it!!!!

Karen,
    I know/knew 3 ppl IRL on MFP.
    1 is still on here occasionally....
    the other 2 had not logged on in over 2 months & I deleted both of them
    (I want/need ppl that are serious about why they are here & supportive as well...)

I am pretty open about my weight & goals
    I know I am not perfect but I am trying....just taking one day at a time :D
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    On a side note: GO SOX!!!!!

YES!!!! woooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!