gym is not an option..

Options

Replies

• Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    check out videos on youtube. i have found some great stuff on there. i also do the wii active workouts and my 4 year old loves to do them too. also simple things like walking the kids to the park and play with them on the swings. i have 3 kids, 10, 4 ad 2 months, and im a stay at home mommy too. just do anything to keep yourself moving. i like to put my littlest in a lanudry basket and run up and down the stairs. he giggles and we get to spend time together and it's a workout.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Buy the P90X dvd package. It has everything you need.
    Also watch for the Pound Rockout Workout DVD coming out this summer. Its something your kids can have fun doing with you. Well you'll be working out they will be rocking out. Check out their website. www.poundrockoutworkout.com

^^this^^

P90X is hard but you can do it at your own pace. The best part is that it has a varity of workouts. I hate Yoga but LOVE Kempo.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    There's also some freebie videos available via YouTube. You can find a few different exercises for upper body, lower body, and core exercises - about 12-16 things total ... then do 10-15 reps per set, 2-3 sets of each, you can get a good strength-workout pretty quickly!
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    <-- also has 2 small children.

bodyrock.tv is incredible, short workouts, no equipment, FREE!

i even have an app on my phone with their videos on :) they've just started a 30 day challenge
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Check out this website..

www.bodyrock.tv.com. Right now they are starting thier new 30 day bodyrocker challange. The exercises are intense but really fun!

BodyRock definitely. I used it on my days off from running. Great overall workout. Lots of options for beginners and for workouts with zero equipment. And fun.
  • waferzdog
    Options
    Check out an on-line book store for a really check DVD or video - get the kids involved to do it with you. Even a kids exercise video will help you. My grandaughter loves to work out with me (when I do it) - she also LOVES WII games and some of the WII workouts are already in myfitnesspal with calories. Good Luck.
  • sspetter
    sspetter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We have come to think that we have to have gym memberships and fancy equipment to exercise. NOT SO! This has been inbedded in us by those people making millions off our gullibility!
    Lots of things burn calories.
    In the spring, plant a garden with your Children....That burns some calories and good for your kids! Especially at their age. And productive...plus saves some money on fresh produce.
  • tashakk86
    Options
    checking out all the sites now! thanks you guys
  • Spacecas
    Spacecas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use the wii too but if you don't already have one then it would be more then you want to spend right now..but so so worth it..I did not know net flix had workout video's...
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Did you check whether any gyms near you offer babysitting as part of the membership. We joined the YMCA when our kids were little partly because they had free babysitting (up to 1 hour at a time, I think) with the kids in different play rooms based upon age. It was a great way for my wife, who was a stay at home mom at that time, to get out of the house and get some time for herself and away from the kids.

^^^^^ this.

I do not know how old your kiddos are.

Mine are almost 15 and almost 5.

the 14 YO works out, and the little one goes to the daycare. We joined the YMCA and we get 90 mins free with membership. Its great! we work out, and then pool time with all of us!
    some other gyms are starting to offer it.

Another poster mentioned wii games. thats another fun one for the whole family, and when its blizzarding outside, or I just dont feel like going anywhere, but want to work out, I have "The 30 day Shred" DVD or my home treadmill I can do.

good luck!
  • katnat12
    katnat12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you want the P90X program, I can give you mine. I don't use it anymore. I think I have a Wii laying around that I would also not mind sending you especially with such small kids. They'd love it. I got a black one for Xmas and I think my white one (one of the one's that first came out) is somewhere in my storage unit. I don't have any games I can give up since my hubby would probably kill me but you can rent them! (:

If the OP won't take advantage of this offer I surely would LOL! I have 2 small children (4 and 2) myself :tongue:
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    If you go to the ymca they have a daycare? Looks fun! lol
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the public library and taking out workout videos and using them! They do work :)
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I found the 30 Day Shred DVD on Amazon not too long ago for less than $7.00. It kicks my butt!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Netflix has some options on view instantly if you're a netflix member.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 Day Shred workout video and have already seen results!
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time finding time to go to gym between my daughter, work, and errands/cleaning. But i LOVE doing my videos at home. I put them on after my daughter goes to bed. I've used the 30 day shred and 6 week 6 abs so far. i also have Ripped in 30 and a Buns and Thigh dvd too that I haven't tried yet. and once it starts getting nicer (and lighter out in the mornings) i'll go out for runs/walks too.

Good luck with whatever you choose! :)
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    See if your local library has some DVD's to rent- keep them as long as you can and do them the days you have them, then get others... keeps things from getting boring that way and they are free to rent.... Good luck!