Working mom needs kid friendly crock pot recipe's!!

Options

Replies

• butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • captnemo44
    captnemo44 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Spark people has great crock pot recipes i use that site alot. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Lori
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    bump
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • Erika_Ecka
    Erika_Ecka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Buuuuuuummmmmp!
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    These all sound amazing!
  • tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mdfishinggirl
    Options
    I second Maz's link! I use skinnytaste ALL the time...great stuff!
  • orange4783
    orange4783 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm bumping for later :)
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    We call this one "Chicken Slop" - I don't know why the gross name seems to intrigue my kids, but everyone likes it. You can serve it over egg noodles for those who can eat all the carbs they want (not me unfortunately!):

1.25 lbs chicken breast, cubed
    Cream of chicken soup - Amy's Organic or other healthy option
    3 c. veggies of choice (chopped carrots, celery, peas, etc - fresh or a frozen bag of mixed veg works)
    Egg noodles - 1/2 lb

Put everything but the egg noodles in the crock pot and set to low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours. Boil up the noodles before serving and add to the crock pot, mix well.

Makes 8 servings of approx 1 cup at ~380 cals per serving
  • DontEverGiveUp
    DontEverGiveUp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Rugged Bear...do you cook up the chicken first or do you throw it in the crockpot raw? Thank you!
  • dawny17
    dawny17 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos- 2 cups chicken broth, 1 pound chicken breast and 1 package taco seasoning. Mix seasoning and broth in the crockpot and add chicken. I cook it on low while I'm at work (8-9 hours) and then I shred the chicken.

Then, of course add to tacos with all the fixins. :-) Also great for taco salads.
    [/quote
    Im trying this tonight!!!! getting out the chicken as we speak!

Thanks soooooo much!]
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    some great recipes here........thanks...............
  • BrandiD56
    BrandiD56 Posts: 103
    Options
    Bump
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    Bump
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    We do faux quesadilla nights, where we take super low-cal whole grain wraps, add some beans, some cooked diced chicken (with whatever spices we have on hand...usually cumin, some coriander, oregano, etc. or plain old taco seasoning), some 2% shreddy cheese, lightly sautéed onions/peppers, maybe some corn. Pile it all on top of each other. Top with avocado slices & salsa verde. If you feel adventurous one night, or over a sunday afternoon, I would recommend making your own salsa verde...it's easy & delicious, and you can cut a lot of sodium this way!
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has recommended this, and I'm not about to go through 9 pages to see, but check out http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/. The blog is "A Year of Slow Cooking", the author, Stepanie O'Dea, cooks a crockpot meal everyday for a year, and still updates with new recipes every once in a while. And yes, she does have kids and comments on their reaction to each meal.
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    great ideas here!