Any 5'6" people with a goal of 150 or around there?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ljrc
    ljrc Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi :) I am 5'5" 190 lbs at the ripe age of 53 lol So looking to lose 40 pounds..... So yes!!!! support is important for the greater health, not to mention, a better self when viewing in the mirror :) So, count me in!!!!!
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2". My original goal was 150 when I started out (back in October 2010), but I have managed to get down to140 and am now maintaining. It's been a long road, but 150 is very attainable. Good luck! :smile:
  • farmerted322
    Options
    I'm in the same bost. Started at 188, down to 179 in the last two weeks. Feel free to add me.

Kathy
  • knitsewclick
    Options
    I'm in this group, too. 5'6" (or close enough). I am staring down the barrel at 40yo, yikes, and don't want to go down the same obesity path that my mom and other family members have. I started working out a little over a year ago and while I feel better, I haven't lost much weight. Probably the chocolate habit that I have been trying to kick. I joined mfp this week and it's my new favorite app!

My other motivation is my 4 daughters. I don't want them going into the teen years thinking that my current eating habits are normal and have them adopt them as their own. Also, two are hoping to join the school cross country team next year, and I'd like to be able to run with them during the off season.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"-ish and look to hopefully get down to the 150's!!..... about 40-ish more lbs to go...
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I would love to be 140 pounds, but my goal is 150. I hit it a few years back but didn't stay there.
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    I'm right there with you...in fact, 5'6" with a goal of 150#'s, so I'm READY to join you in your adventure!
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    wow you are are in the same boat.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" & 170 lbs. I'm trying to get down to 130-140. I'll add you!

Also, how many calories are you guys eating? I'm eating 1200, but I've been stuck at 170 for 2 weeks now & I'm thinking of upping my calories to 1400 to try to break the plateau, but if I gain a couple pounds from it, I know I'll get discouraged, so I'm trying to compare to other ppl in my height/weight range.

My food journal is open if you'd like to check it out. I upped my cals recently and haven't seen anything bad as a result. I went from 177.4 on January 1st to 166.2 at my weigh in last Sunday morning...
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 & currently 205...my goal is 155 & once I reach it or 160 I will re-evaluate...I am using weights to tone up as I lose and I know muscle weighs more. For me I will know when I look in the mirror and say "I love how I look right now" not sure what I will weigh when that happens so we will see :)
    It's not all about the number, it's how you feel and look.
    Feel free to add me :)

Susan
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    Just wanted to comment again on this poll of 5'6" (ish) people trying to get to 150!

How is it going this week, where are you all at in your stats?

Last week was a BIG sad face for me, as I went up 2 lbs. (after working SO, SO, hard!).

Tomorrow is my 6 week weigh-in and measurements, so I'll post again for the (hopefully) GREAT results! :)