Is anyone finding it hard to eat all the daily calories?

Options
Hello All!

I'm new to the mfp and I was surprised that we get extra calories to use when we work out. I'm a little worried that I can't eat the 700 plus calories that are left for the day as I don't really get hungry after 7:00pm. With all the water and fiber than I'm consuming, I'm just not that hungry. What should I do? Does it really matter? Help!:huh:

Replies

• love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My first reaction was to laugh, because most days I want more than I have left!! I do know what you mean, though, because in the summer, I ride a bike and that burns a lot of calories. I usually feel the need to eat them back, but if it's too late in the evening, I don't.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    no lol
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    You will get 100 opinions saying eat them and 100 saying dont eat them!!! Sometimes I do sometimes I dont it depends on how im feeling :) Good luck with your question!!
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    It does, you should at least try to eat most of them back, otherwise your body is not getting enough. I sometimes run low on calories, so I throw together a protein shake made with Almond milk and peanut butter, that's good for almost 400 cal :) Or just 2tbsp peanut butter quick. Something like that is small portion but healthy and high in calories.

Hope that helps :)
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I can't view your diary... so I don't know how much you're consuming on the daily basis...
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    At first yes, but after that not anymore. you'll get used to it
  • BetteLovr
    BetteLovr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have days I cant get to al the calories either... and I dont eat all the exercise cals anyway.. I think you have to watch it for a few wks to see what works best for you. I like to keep a surplus of 400 to 500 cals a day ... but try to at least hit my 1200 to 1550 cals consumed daily . It takes 3500 cals burned to lose a lb.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Get a jar of peanut butter and a bottle of olive oil. You won't have this problem any more.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have a very difficult time getting to my calories. It could be because I'm a vegan who doesn't eat vegan processed foods, but maybe not. I've just always had a small appetite. It worries me because of all the exercise I do, so I can definitely relate.
  • fguillory
    Options
    Yes x.x I am allowed 1810 calories a day, but I often am around 1300s is so i gotta force myself to eat more.
  • BetteLovr
    BetteLovr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you... Took me a mnth to figure out my sweet spot and I use a bodybugg for accurate cal burned counts.
  • qwe3nz
    qwe3nz Posts: 29
    Options
    it depends how much are you ment to be eating if its 1200cal a day and your not eating 700 cal of it. Then theres something wrong with you or your not tracking your food properly. But if your ment to be eating 2000 cal per day and not eating 700cal i'd say your fine
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Only a little on exercise days (unless I have pizza or burgers of course) On Non-exercise days, I reach my totals really really quickly it seems. It's amazing sometimes what you can eat, if it's not cookies candy icecream and cupcakes:laugh:
  • Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sit back and relax.

Have two or three double shots of bourbon.

You'll catch up before you know it.
  • PaganLady
    Options
    Well, my boyfriend used to be a personal trainer and I asked him about this and he said it was ridiculous to eat the calories you lose because it would defeat the purpose. And I agree. This thing of mfp giving you extra calories when you burn them is just weird. Think about it - why would you try and burn all of these calories to then get them back? Doesn't make much sense, does it?
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am a noob in the health and fitness arena and this is only my undertanding of things I maybe wrong but I am pretty sure it works like this:

Its not 100 absolutley necess to eat all of your excercise calories. As long as you try and eat all or most of your alotted base calories (before any excercise) your body will have enough fuel for basic function with a deficit already factored in for weight loss.

If you are hungry and have earned calories through excercise then you can also choose to eat them or a portion of them, which ever works for you. But I would say try not to get a negative in your net calories because that means your body probably is not getting enough nutrients to sustain it.

Good luck on your journey~ :)
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time. Especially when I workout. Its nearly impossiable for me to eat all the calories I have left.

I am really trying to spread my eating better.

300 Breakfast
    400 Lunch
    500 Dinner
    1200 Total

This does not include snacks or dessert.

It might help :smile:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    no
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have this problem also and it is kind of frustrating. The thing is I eat a lot of veggies. Like 3 cups at dinner! ( I have replaced a lot of my starches with veggies.) I eat plenty, but the choices I make are low cal so I never make my daily calories. I even eat desert every night! I have decided not to worry about it. If I was starving myself and eating one cracker and calling it a meal them I would worry.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Well, my boyfriend used to be a personal trainer and I asked him about this and he said it was ridiculous to eat the calories you lose because it would defeat the purpose. And I agree. This thing of mfp giving you extra calories when you burn them is just weird. Think about it - why would you try and burn all of these calories to then get them back? Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Then I am guessing you didn't properly explain how this site works.