Vent - this is a LIFE STYLE not a DIET!

Options
13»

Replies

• magnolia1077
    Options
    I am so happy for this post! My husband and I decided together to get healthy. Yesterday I'm in the grocery store and see a friend of mine who says to me "why do you have all the healthy crap in your cart? Are you on some kind of crazy diet or something?" :noway: This coming from a person who has been skinny all her life by eating oreo's. (you know the type) I'm not on a diet. I'm just finally doing right by myself for a change! Then I have had the issue with family members who say they are glad I'm finally eating right. wtf :explode:
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, never mind. It's in there...

Nutrition Facts
    Fried Alligator Tail :sick: Servings: of 85 g 1 g
    Calories318Sodium196 mgTotal Fat5 gPotassium0 mg Saturated2 gTotal Carbs62 g Polyunsaturated1 g Dietary Fiber5 g Monounsaturated1 g Sugars4 g Trans0 gProtein9 gCholesterol7 mg Vitamin A0 %Calcium0 %Vitamin C0 %Iron0 %

I had some this weekend - wasn't bad - tastes like chicken:wink:

I LOVE alligator! I used to have it once a week or so...I'm trying to cut down bc it is usually fried. So good though!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for this post! My husband and I decided together to get healthy. Yesterday I'm in the grocery store and see a friend of mine who says to me "why do you have all the healthy crap in your cart? Are you on some kind of crazy diet or something?" :noway: This coming from a person who has been skinny all her life by eating oreo's. (you know the type) I'm not on a diet. I'm just finally doing right by myself for a change! Then I have had the issue with family members who say they are glad I'm finally eating right. wtf :explode:

Your skinny friend who eats Oreos probably has some really nasty looking arteries....just keep that in mind. :bigsmile:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Diet is a 4-letter word in my house.....I use the term healthy eating plan. My hubby is VERY unsupportive and when he says "Oh we can't go out to eat cause your mom's on a diet!!!" I always say "Sure we can, it's not a diet but a healthy eating plan...but I am not paying!!!":devil:

I am so very sorry some of you are going through this. I actually have a very supportive husband and my co workers are great. My husband does a lot of our cooking because he loves to cook and I do the re heating of it and last night made a week on the plan and he was in the kitchen making me a salad with tons of great veggies and oil and vingar on the side and he went shopping and bought me all these different healthy snacks it was great.

Then today my office got great news that can really boost our profits this year in a very bad economy and we were like yeah. and my boss was like dunkins on me. I told him you are killing me I am really trying to get this wt off. So he went out and got the office a veggie tray and a fruit tray. It was great and no one complained.

Sorry you had a bad day you can always vent and I will listen.

Thanks but it really isn't a biggie... I just do my thang :laugh: He's probably just worried I will get all hot and run off with some one MUCH younger and much better looking than him :happy: He is a 2-pack a day smoker and an alcoholic so I don't pay him much mind.....my kids are supportive and that's all that matters.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    181273.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

I know wat you all mean im new here and i read everything is so true I FIND MYSELF EVERYDAY AT WORK TELLIN PPL IM NOT ON A DIET IM SIMPLY CHANGING THE WAY I EAT, THEY KEEP SAYIN IM ON A DIET AND MAKING REMARKS LIKE SHE WILL CRACK LOL SOON SO DISAPOINTING:sad: