Do they make work out underwear?

Options
13»

Replies

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Yes-- thongs.

If it starts in your butt, it can't ride up, can it? That may sound like terrible logic, but if you steer away from G-strings and go more for what Victoria Secret sometimes calls a T-back (it is thicker back there) in cotton (I like the lace waist cotton ones) they are actually very comfy and totally invisible under even running tights.

I've seen women wearing the "seamless" underwear with their yoga pants or workout tights, and you can always tell. Nothing is truly invisible under tight pants, though my own personal experience.

^^ or boy shorts :wink:
  • lgammy
    lgammy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Under Armour. Their mesh undies are the best; I actually wear they boyshorts in a larger size as work out shorts. Not too pricey esp if you can get on sale. Try Sports Authority or an outlet if you have one near you.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's not workout specific, but itsybitsy bikinis are amazing! They don't ride, wedge, chaffe or move.. No panty line under yoga pants.. Wash well.. Seriously, the are the worlds greatest underoos and are affordable! I found mine at Costco, and went back to buy more the next day because they are amazing and cute!
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I still say go commando. Unless you poop while you are working out, I don't think it's gross at all. I tried all kinds of underwear, and it ended up being just one more layer of sweaty clothes when I was done. In fact, I sweat more with them on than off. Plus, they ride up and do all kind of funky things.

I say leave 'em at home.

This 100%. way more comfortable and you don't get weird underwear lines on your bum.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I just wear knicker shorts 158010301760?$ProdAlternate$
    You can see them when I wear my tighter pants but they've not ridden up yet. x
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret makes yoga panties. If you wear thongs, buy the yoga thongs. I run in them, and it literally feels like you're wearing nothing. The hipsters and briefs are good too, but they do give me a wedgie

^^^ This!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I just wear a pair of spandex shorts over my undies and under my workout shorts. I like to wear looser fitting basketball type shorts, so it also prevents anyone from getting a free show as well.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I'll have to look for some under armor. I wear baggy workout clothes too so it isn't necessarily the panty line showing as much as it is the annoyance.

And to whomever mentioned the hygiene issue with thongs, be blunt! Information is power.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If I'm wearing loose sweats I wear boyshorts, if I'm wearing yoga pants or yoga shorts it's commando, why wear something that's going to be uncomfortable and give a panty line? I'm only wearing them for an hour or two and then they get washed anyways.
  • catcher_in_the_pie
    Options
    Moving Comfort has women's underwear in briefs, thongs, and hipster shorts.
    http://www.movingcomfort.com/Workout-Bikini/300374,default,pd.html
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Go commando.
    Commando does not work for a guy...

...unless you're into juggling
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I personally use these Under Armour boxer briefs for running:

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/pid1209290
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    boxer-briefs seem to work best for me.. freedom but with enough confinement im not "juggling."
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Go commando.

That's what I do.

Ditto.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Yes they do, but honestly, i'd rather spend my money on shorts than $14/pair of underwear. I usually just find lacey, cute thongs to wear. They're pretty much always flat seamed and breathable, so it's not an issue, but that's just me.

Any running store or specialty sports store will carry some.
  • michellebelle1
    michellebelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike running shorts with underwear built in. I have the same pair in 5-6 different colors.

My husband has Under Armour compression shorts he uses for lifting that he really likes.