Future baby name

Options
Hey everyone,
So my financee and i were talking about baby names last night and we both came up with Bakura rose.....What do you all think?!

Replies

• clem7444
    clem7444 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like the connotation. When I googled Bakura, this is what came up:

"Originally from egypt, Bakura is an evil spirit"
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't like the first name at all. Totally not my style and I think other kids would really torture the kid!!! I love Rose for a middle name because it was my grandmother's middle name, my confirmation name and now my daughter's middle name!!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    My Mom always said that when choosing a baby's name you should go outside and yell it at the top of your lungs 50 times. If you are not sick of it by then, go ahead and name it that.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Bakura is japanese and means 'evil spirit'. All the other parents will think you're uneducated anime junkies...
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about Bakura but I think Rose is pretty.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't like either names. I get that people are trying to be unique with names and such, but Bakura just sounds off and Rose is such an old name.
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about Bakura but I think Rose is pretty.

^^this
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If its a name that you like then go for it! I've never heard of it before. Everyone will have opinions about names so its prob best to just discuss it with your partner. Just be sure of the meaning and origin. For exacmple I'm Irish and I see loads of Irish names being used and pronounced incorrectly which can be irritating.
  • angiebarker
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice guys. we have our boys name picked out already. It Andrew Jacob. and yeah i guess ill go back to the drawing bored for that name lol
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I like Andrew Jacob!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've always loved the name Tate or Austin. Austin Tate. Tate Austin. :wink:
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Go for what you like....but when choosing baby names...you really have to look at if from a kids perspective too....bullying is getting worse and worse these days...You don't want to pick a name that will make them an easy target. I.e D/ck or name then after a disease of some sort without realizing it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Andrew Jacob is a very strong name, I like it a lot :)

I love Rose as a middle name but I know a lot of people who have used it recently....
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I've always loved the name Tate or Austin. Austin Tate. Tate Austin. :wink:

I like Austin, but Tate sounds like taint.
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I always liked Sean - and my sister-in-law just "stole" it from us :P
  • angiebarker
    Options
    I agree. Many kids are getting bullied theses days. Its so sad.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My Mom always said that when choosing a baby's name you should go outside and yell it at the top of your lungs 50 times. If you are not sick of it by then, go ahead and name it that.

^love! LOL
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Girls: Riley, Raleigh, Kinzie.. (There are more, I'm just drawing a blank)
    Boys: Rook, Chase, Evan.. (Again, drawing a blank)
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've decided not to be wild about another baby name until I am actually pregnant. Almost every name I've loved before I got pregnant became trendy. I'm SO not a trendy person so I couldn't go with it after it became popular. IE: Isabella, Jackson, Logan, Dylan. I still love the names, but not for my child.
  • wsogden87
    wsogden87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For girls or boys... I like the name Harper. I think its super cute.

I have to boys now: Jack Alan and Charlie Michael :) I like the old fashion names :)