Fiber One bars/brownies = Bug Secretions! SERIOUSLY!

Options

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Once they taste like chocolate, who cares?!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Once they taste like chocolate, who cares?!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ times 10!!
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    Bump
  • highgear
    Options
    Not Bee Spit....Bee VOMIT!!!!!!

But it tastes sooo good!!!!!!
  • tricia19444
    Options
    Just wash it down with a 100% Juice Capri Sun - ********Water, Corn Syrup High Fructose, Citric Acid, Pear(s) Juice From Concentrate, Pectin, Strawberry(ies) Juice from Concentrate, Flavoring Natural*********

What is sometimes secretly hidden in those little foil packets is a serving of mold - the penicillin will prevent the Fiber One bars bug stuff from harming you....
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Honey has bee spit. It's true.

I believe it is actually bee vomit.

At least its not bee poo... That's what creeps me out about the thought of eating bugs... Do they gut them first??? :-p

I'd spit in the honey too if I were a bee... work so damn hard to make it then the humans come on over and just take it!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    All true, but it beats a MdD Cheese burger.
    Everything is relative.
    Fiber One is a major step up from what I used to eat, so I will continue to use those while striving for the ideal of a 100% whole food diet.

If man makes it, we really should not eat it.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Peas are great....unless you are jonsing for a chocolate peanut butter brownie. Then I don't care what is in it, I'm eating the damn brownie

Besides...flies poop on peas. It's true
    I love you!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Peas are great....unless you are jonsing for a chocolate peanut butter brownie. Then I don't care what is in it, I'm eating the damn brownie

:bigsmile: Exactly!!!
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    Thank you for this info! Although I still eat some of this stuff, like others said I do it in moderation now because it truly is garbage. I used to eat it all the time. Never had the brownies but the bars. I remember when they first came out and I made the mistake of eating 2 in a row. Worst smelling gas ever! But at the time I worked in a nursing home so I could play it off. ;-)
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    I watched a Dr's program last week that said that every food-EVERY food has a certain amount of bug parts in it from the processing site and that the FDA had to allow for a certain amount because it is virtually impossible to process food in factories without some getting in. Was really gross but you can't stop eating!

My dad is a butcher and even as a kid I remember he sad this about hot dogs and sausage and other processed meats.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    the sky is falling! the sky is falling!!!!!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Those Fiber One brownies are just too good and they keep me from eating other crap. I guess its one small step at a time: regular brownie - Fiber One brownie - Snap peas..... with sugar free Hershey's syrup! :laugh:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I watched a Dr's program last week that said that every food-EVERY food has a certain amount of bug parts in it from the processing site and that the FDA had to allow for a certain amount because it is virtually impossible to process food in factories without some getting in. Was really gross but you can't stop eating!

My dad is a butcher and even as a kid I remember he sad this about hot dogs and sausage and other processed meats.

anyway, by the time it gets in your mouth, it's been cooked enough times to kill the bugs/vermine/whatever :laugh:
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    Don't drink water, fish have sex in it and poop.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Don't drink water, fish have sex in it and poop.

If you think about it, any water that you drink was, at one point or another, someone else's pee.

Stuff like this just doesn't bother me.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Do you eat honey?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    onoes.gif

OMG they are feeding us buggies!!!!!!!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    this kind of stuff doesn't "bug" me either. LOL There are so many "bug parts" in our food that we have no idea what we are eating. This is just one example. Unless you grow everything you eat yourself, there is no way around something like this.

I try to eat the pre-packaged stuff in moderation, but the convenience can't be denied when life gets in the way!