5"8-5"9 goal weights??

Options
1235»

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    First - let me say I'm blown away by some of these high numbers - I'm currently 187 (started at 196) and my goal is about 145. I was 125 in my early 20's and too thin but at 135 I was a 36C and curvy. I don't want to be a stick, and I know with 140-145 I'll still be curvy.

I really hope that those of you with goals that are still in the overweight range do a reevaluation once you reach your goal and invest in getting your fat% tested and concentrate on getting that number to a healthy range.

I know it's hard to imagine yourself thinner especially if you have family telling you to stop. You need to listen to your doctor and the numbers (BP, Body Fat, blood glucose, etc) that indicate that you are a healthy weight - not to someone that maybe secretly upset or jealous that you are losing weight

I love your honesty and I agree with you
  • lparsons88
    Options
    Wow! So many responses. Thank you all for your thoughts. I think for me personally I need to do some more toning! I don't obsess over the number on the scale but it's still important to me! I'll also take the obvious great advice of going until I look in the mirror and I'm truly happy :) I'll stick with 135 for now and see if that and some toning gets me where I want to be.

Thanks Again to all of you and good luck! Be Healthy!
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'8" but flirt very closely to 5'9". My goal of 135 was met a few months back and I now waiver around 133-135lbs. I'm concentrating on muscle gain right now and hope to cut down to 130lbs. for a cruise this summer. I consider myself a medium frame but according to everyone around me they consider me a tiny frame *shrug*. Everyone is different, so go with what you feel good at and maintain easily but not TOO easily...kwim?

Cheers!
  • half_marathon
    half_marathon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8/173cm and 145p/66kg, 26%fat, small frame. My goal is bf% under 15% what would be around 124p/56kg.
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and would like to weigh 150 and see what I feel like from there. I was at my lowest (in my 20's) 135 and that was very anorexic looking and I don't want to look like that. Good job on the weight loss!!
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" currently 136, and my final goal is 130. I started losing weight at 156 (before I used MFP) and my highest weight ever was somewhere in the 160s.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    First - let me say I'm blown away by some of these high numbers - I'm currently 187 (started at 196) and my goal is about 145. I was 125 in my early 20's and too thin but at 135 I was a 36C and curvy. I don't want to be a stick, and I know with 140-145 I'll still be curvy.

I really hope that those of you with goals that are still in the overweight range do a reevaluation once you reach your goal and invest in getting your fat% tested and concentrate on getting that number to a healthy range.

I know it's hard to imagine yourself thinner especially if you have family telling you to stop. You need to listen to your doctor and the numbers (BP, Body Fat, blood glucose, etc) that indicate that you are a healthy weight - not to someone that maybe secretly upset or jealous that you are losing weight

The original question was what are your goals... not what should everyone else's goals be.
  • oOTeresaOo
    oOTeresaOo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8' and my initial goal weight was 170, after loosing almost 30 lbs and was at 175 i realized my body shape had changed cus of all the weight i had gained. i was always around 175 in HS but after giving birth and the excess weight my body isnt looking like it did back then. Anyways i just wanna lose enough to be comfortable but my goal weight now is 150 lbs

it all depends on how u see urself in the mirror
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    1sy goal 170 looks thin I can wear a size 10 at that weight
    ultimate goal 150 but I may stop somewhere in between. I really want a toned look.
  • sarahsunny247
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and My goal weight is 135 (:
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my ultimate goal weight is 155.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my highest weight was 171 last summer.

Currently, I weigh around 151.

Ultimate goal would be 135 (lowest weight I've ever been back in college).

I am getting married in April, so I would love to be down to 140 by then. Figure I have 10 weeks left, I should be able to knock of 10 pounds!

Here's the thing though ladies (and gents). We are ALL different people, with different shapes, sizes, goals, etc. I think in the end, as long as your goal is to get healthier, we should support each other!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 9 1/4" & I am 23 years old

My Goal is to be somewhere in the 140s (maintain about 142-145). I am currently 153lbs and I think that it's a great weight for me, but i'm trying to tone up a bit more and focus on lowering my body fat.
  • hjfischer
    Options
    I am just under 5'10" and my goal is 150-155, my ultimate goal is 145-150. Once I get to the low 150's, I will concentrate on lean muscle and trying to cut some of the extra. We will see how it all works out. As I get older, I look thinner in the face than when I was in my 20's. I have fluctuated in weight for 25 years. I feel like I looked my best around 145. I was lean, muscular and looked awesome. We will see how I look at 145 9 years later ;)
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my first goal is to get to 165lbs....although some may think that is a big number my doctor thinks that will be just fine for now. :)
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currently 132 (having come from around 220) and am looking at 125.