13.1 sticker

Options

Replies

• 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I want a 13.1 sticker but I want the numbers to be covered in dripping mud since my first 1/2 will be a trail run, not a road run. Anyone seen one like that anywhere for sale?
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I say DO IT! What a thoughtful sentiment to who him how proud of him you are. Sweet and Simple! I say go for it. I agree with the poster who stated something along the lines of worry less about what other people think. I know it is hard, I struggle with it at times. I hope your husband loves your gift. I know I would personally love something like that (Sorry, not a guy but still giving my two cents) :wink:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I've got a 70.3 sticker on my truck.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    And, for what it's worth .... 13.1 and 26.2 stickers are my go to gift for friends who've accomplished the task at hand.

I gave a 13.1 sticker to my boss who did her first half and my son got a 26.2 when he did his marathon. His girlfriend has decided to do her first half marathon this summer. She's getting a sticker, too. It makes a great gift.
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i have no idea what these stickers are..i understand its for the accomplishment of the half or full marathon, so why are folks angst with them?

get one for him he should be proud......... x
  • hagamivida
    Options
    Maybe fellow runners that get cranky about it have never had to work as hard as the rest of us for their health and fitness? Heck, doing my 5K (and run-walking it) is so much more than I ever could have thought I could do - or WANT to do. It IS the first step into the running world in terms of races, and I'll be sticking with it for a while, but I worked my *kitten* off for it. In addition to my sticker, I got a 5K charm for my necklace.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    That is crazy! Why would anyone hate them? I don't understand. At any rate, I say go for it...he did an amazing thing & I think you are awesome for being so supportive.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    People who hate the stickers are nuts! I am getting a 26.2 sticker when I finish my marathon in May. This is stuff to be proud of. You go right ahead and get your husband that sticker and he can choose to put it on his truck or not. You're a sweet wife for being so proud of him. :flowerforyou:
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    They also have 3.1 stickers and even 0.0 stickers for the non runners. This makes me grin on the inside.

0.0 bahahaha!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    While I don't have any on my car, I can't imagine someone looking down at a person who did.
    Get him the sticker & I'm sure he will be happy.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It's not about what anyone else thinks, except you and your hubby!

I'm proud of earning my 13.1 and 26.2 stickers... but I don't like stickers on my car, so they're on my bulletin board instead. I constantly see people who have stuff on their cars that I don't appreciate.

The good news is, they're not very expensive at most running stores, so you won't lose much if he doesn't like it. And even if he doesn't display it on the car, I suspect just the knowing how proud you are of him will make him feel good. Making our spouse feel good is such a special gift!
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for all of the positive responses! It did shock me when I saw the negative comments onlin. Like ya'll said...it's prob. a jealousy issue. Have a great weekend.
  • mollyanne01
    mollyanne01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Get it! He should be proud! I've got so many running magnets on the back of my car there's no room left for more!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    The best car magnet I have seen was next to a 26.2 one and read "If found on ground please drag across finish line "...:laugh:
  • Graciecny
    Options
    The best car magnet I have seen was next to a 26.2 one and read "If found on ground please drag across finish line "...:laugh:
    Love it!

FWIW, some people just aren't sticker folks. DH didn't do a sticker when he did his first Ironman, but he wears that jacket with pride! For those of you aiming for a full m-dot race, make sure you plan to hit the store the next morning. :)

Me, I'll get a sticker if I ever run a freakin' mile! Do they make 1.0 ones?! :D

OP, I'd go for it too!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have a 13.1 tie dyed magnet on my car.

*I* love it.

I don't care who hates it. I was the one who did the work to complete 2!

I plan on getting the 26.2 after I complete my first full.

Hatas gonna hate.... Let them. Don't let them control your decisions though!
  • Carebear530
    Carebear530 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My Jeep also wears 26.2 proudly. No one has ever said anything negative about it. People are usually just happy to see another runner. But get the magnet not the sticker since they can be removed if you get another car or want to take it off to wash it. I'm getting my friend her 13.1 when she completes her half in May. She has worked really hard to earn it. :)
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I plan to do my first half in October and boy you better believe I am gettin gone and will PROUDLY display it too! Anybody that has an issue with it can gladly join me for my second one - then we'll see what kind of issue they have with it lol.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Anyone who despises the stickers is probably just jealous and feels bad about themselves. These kinds of people can never be happy or positive for anyone else.
  • SassyJuliana
    SassyJuliana Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think worry less what other people think and celebrate your accomplishments as you see fit as they are yours, not anyone elses.

THIS!!!