Lol your life, vanity sizing.

Options
13»

Replies

• StatutoryGrape
    Options
    This is why I don't get hung up on "I'm a size ___"--it's impossible to tell anymore. If it fits and looks good, I'm buying it, haha.

My thoughts exactly! I've got 44" hips and 27" waist too! (As of Jan.31st) I've lost a few lbs since then but that's not the point. I know exactly where you're coming from! My Kenneth Cole wool peacoat is a size 4! LOL I wear a size 6 on average up top, but down below, I'm a 10-12. Ugh, it's frustrating.

Depending on the fabric of an item, it varies as you said in your orig. post. Dresses are sizes smaller than my pants in my closet.
    Jeans - well, shoot, that's another story!

Oh god, haha. The jeans shopping experience...I'll grab a 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14 because I have no idea what size is supposed to fit me.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    So, you're saying the size "6" jeans (stretchy jeans) I just bought aren't really a 6. OH NO!!
    This is funny. I bought Lee jeans at the outlet mall and was cracking up when I was able to not only get a size 6 on but they get kinda baggy in a very short time.
    There should be a standard for this sizing issue.
    But it did make me feel pretty good ... for a minute
  • I know exactly how you feel. I'm a size 2 in several stores...and I am NOT a size 2! I have a 28" waist and 38" hips...if you go to Abercrombie you will be quickly reminded of what your real size is..lol