30 Day Shred- starting NOW!

Options
Who wants to start doing 30 Day Shred? I have started it before but fell off of it. I want to maintain my motivation and wonder who else out there would like to start it today (or anytime this week) and help support each other through the short but incredibly "effective and challenging" DVD.

Replies

• monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I want to start, but I can't find it in stores anywhere!!! only online :(
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am Starting 30 day shred on Monday I did my first day of the C25k program today and decided to take Sundays as my day off. I am planning on doing 30 day shred mtwf on thursday I take a 1 hour tone plus class similar to 30 day shred with cardio weights and abs. and on t,th,sat i will also do c25k. anyway do you know how you would count the 30 day shred on the
    exercise log? would it be counted as circuit training.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I want to start, but I can't find it in stores anywhere!!! only online :(

I just got mine in walmart in the fitness isle
  • trudi27
    trudi27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    im on day 3 :)
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! And let's all remember, being told to just take the stairs is a "False message of lethargy!!" :sad:

Monbeaucher: I saw it in walmart last week as well.
  • susi_q_xx
    susi_q_xx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I fell off after about 4 days last time so I'm hoping to do better this time!! My motivation seems to come in fits and spurts so not sure I'll manage the full 30, but have seen some other people's before and after pics so am using these to help!!
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've just started this today also as well as a bit of the 6 week 6 pack DVD. Hopefully going to manage the full 30 in around 35 days taking into account the odd rest day.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We have a group that just started this past Tuesday if anyone is interested. We are on Day 5 today but everyone is doing it at a different pace so that won't stay the same for all of us for long (Personally, I'm doing it 5 days a week and others are doing more or less). It's under 30 Day Shred - 2/7 start.

I love this DVD! I finished up Ripped in 30 Last week and went right into the Shred this week. Since I've started taking measurements at week 2 of RI30 I'm down 4 inches on my waist, 4 on my hips, and about 2 on each thigh. Each week I see more inches melting away. Love it! I'm also doing an extra workout on the days I have extra time. My husband works Tues-Sat so those are my shred days and on Tues, Thurs, and Sat I add in the extra workout. Usually it's No More Trouble Zones (my favorite Jillian workout of all) and that one is about 55 minutes. Sundays I don't exercise at all and just relax. And this Monday my husband and I are starting to go to the gym together for an hour or so after we drop our 3 year old at preschool.

As for recording it I wear an HRM to get as accurate of a calorie burn as possible. Before that I just logged as circuit training under cardio.

Good luck everyone!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Also, I got my copy on Amazon for $6.99. Free 2 day shipping too as an Amazon Mom member (just sign up on the site).
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Try the library. I got mine there.
  • _magnolias
    Options
    As I just gained two pounds this week because of my laziness. I'm in. Just have to get the tapes!
  • kbnichol
    kbnichol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been trying it also and can not seem to stick to it. May be this could motivate us.
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! And let's all remember, being told to just take the stairs is a "False message of lethargy!!" :sad:

Monbeaucher: I saw it in walmart last week as well.

In all 4 Wal-Marts near me, it was only sold online! BUT I went to Best Buy and found it! AND I bought my first 2 blu-ray/dvd combo packs: The Lion King and Tangled, for 15 bucks each! Talk about a STEAL!

Starting my Shred tomorrow! Or Monday? Who's with me?!? :)
  • asphyxiated_b
    Options
    I'm in ! I did six days in a row and then fell off for a week. I just started over again tonight. I am determined to go the full 30 this time !
  • asphyxiated_b
    Options
    I finished day 2. I can tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I'm using 5lb weights. I notice the burn in my arms get to me more than anything else.
  • lolaleelolo
    lolaleelolo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started on Feb 7 but missed Friday. It is ridiculous, I am so impressed with how effective such a short workout is. I am motivated to do it because I have no excuse not to do such a short workout. I was hanging around 202 and in such a short period of time I am at 196-198.
    I'll keep checking in with you guys to keep myself accountable. It will be hard as I have a major midterm on Friday, but what the heck....I really need this because I can't fit in most of my pants!

Btw, if I you are in Canada, I found the dvd for 8 bucks at walmart :)
  • jleighda
    Options
    I am downloading it from Amazon tomorrow or Tuesday and starting it. I would love to have some encouragement!!! :):):)
  • fritostyle
    Options
    I am starting on Monday!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Im on about day 120 now. Been doing level 3 for several months now. Its a good workout, once you get used to it, increase the weights and double time the exercise.

Level one can be found for free here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow too! Feel free to add me!