6 days a week
    90mins a day

couple years ago I was doing

6 days a week

180+ mins a day

now I do about 30mins a day min

to 60 - 90 mins a day max

3-5 days a week

since I am trying to have a baby don't wanna over do it, but I burn tons of cals doing zumba!
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    hum... most are saying 6-7... might up mine after a month.... think I'll do the 30day shredder on days I don't work out starting the end of March (after my two cheat days I have planed :P birthday and anniversary) and by then I will have my endurance built up some as well!
  • katesmithy
    Options
    I play netball twice a week at 60 mins each, also teach juniors which is another 60 min but hardly any exersize involved.. Also a body pump class for 45 mins every other Friday.
    I think I'll need to start something else to have an impact on other parts of my body which aren't benefitting from my normal routine but I just hate gyms!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I run 6 days a week and run twice a day on four of those days. That usually comes out to around 11 hours a week. Every third week I cut back to 7 or 8 hours to recover. This seems to work well as my running is getting better and I usually burn 1500 to 2000 calories on my two a day workouts and over 1000 on my one a days.
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds like what you are doing is working for you so keep it up!

I try to do 2 sessions of weights per week (an hour each) plus 5 sessions of cardio (half an hour to 1.5 hours).

The cardio is mainly running as I'm training for a half marathon. When I've entered races before I've just done the running training, however I think the weights are really making a positive difference to my shape and my running has improved massively. No more shin splints this year.

I also walk to work 5 days a week, an hour each way which is great for getting some extra exercise calories to eat!!

My one tip would be to build up your exercise gradually to let you body get used to it.