SHOCKING DISCOVERY THIS NEWS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

Options
We come here overweight and out of shape and to track our calories and try to figure out what the heck happened to us.

Some come here from other programs for weight loss and are looking for the next answer.

I see thread after thread of people asking for the easy way to weight loss and fitness.
Everything from cabbage soup to cabbage patch dolls to acai bunny berries scooped up and eaten by the handful.

Diet pills...diet soda,,,,fat free all natural factory made market driven madness.

Well guess what folks-

there is no easy way out of the fat mess we made for ourselves.

You don't have time to work out? You are in denial. Make time.

You can;t figure out how to eat sensibly? You are in denial. Read instead of posting your woes.

The bottom line-

Change sucks. Any change of any significance. Smokers get their panties all bunched up if they have to change brands and you wonder why changing years of eating and not exercising habits is hard?

Hard and difficult are not bad words. They are real words for real people.

Sacrifice is not a bad word. What are your goals? define them...see them...be them. It takes sacrifice to change. So what? Deal with it and keep moving towards the light,

The good news?

It gets better with one thing....TIME. Change is hard, That is a good thing. But it takes time.

You want to lose weight and get in shape? Good. Earn it, You will protect what you 'earn" more than what is given to you.

There are no easy answers to our common problem.

Accept that and get busy dealing with it. It can be fun with the proper attitiude.

The choice is yours.

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    We come here overweight and out of shape and to track our calories and try to figure out what the heck happened to us.

Some come here from other programs for weight loss and are looking for the next answer.

I see thread after thread of people asking for the easy way to weight loss and fitness.
    Everything from cabbage soup to cabbage patch dolls to acai bunny berries scooped up and eaten by the handful.

Diet pills...diet soda,,,,fat free all natural factory made market driven madness.

Well guess what folks-

there is no easy way out of the fat mess we made for ourselves.

You don't have time to work out? You are in denial. Make time.

You can;t figure out how to eat sensibly? You are in denial. Read instead of posting your woes.

The bottom line-

Change sucks. Any change of any significance. Smokers get their panties all bunched up if they have to change brands and you wonder why changing years of eating and not exercising habits is hard?

Hard and difficult are not bad words. They are real words for real people.

Sacrifice is not a bad word. What are your goals? define them...see them...be them. It takes sacrifice to change. So what? Deal with it and keep moving towards the light,

The good news?

It gets better with one thing....TIME. Change is hard, That is a good thing. But it takes time.

You want to lose weight and get in shape? Good. Earn it, You will protect what you 'earn" more than what is given to you.

There are no easy answers to our common problem.

Accept that and get busy dealing with it. It can be fun with the proper attitiude.

The choice is yours.
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm not giving up my helium vest.

So there.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Wow...that's the first thing I have ever read by you that I totally agree with.....who is this person and where is the real Dave?:laugh:
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It's true. :ohwell:

The old Tami would have been offended but since I learned all of this myself....I really can't argue!! :laugh:
  • angelascott919
    Options
    As much as it might suck it sooooo TRUE!!:grumble:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I agree with all said except that change sucks. Change for the good that you really want does not suck it feels good to work toward a goal and achieve.

I really agree there is not easy way. It takes work, dedication and a lot of sweat.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hear, Hear!! :drinker:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    yeah, working out SUCKS but I have actually grown to crave it. Go figure.

I hate that I agree with something that Dave has said. he he. :wink:
  • fatstrat
    Options
    I still use cabbages to help stay fit though.

This guy used to be 437 pounds, but a few years of "cabbage curls" and "cabbage bench presses" along with a healthy diet of Beano and "eating your exercise calories" (literally!) has made him the fine specimen you see here today:

large_07-31-nz-cabbage.jpg
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    So true!
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Awesome, blossom! ( oh, yeah, and Dave, too!!!!) Awesome, Dave!:wink:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Well said and I agree. It offends me everytime someone comes up to me and ask me "what kind of diet pills have you been taking"? I always tell them, it's the result of good old fashioned diet and exercise. Everyone wants a magic pill to pop and the weight just fall off. I'm so proud to have done it with hard work and determination, there are no quick fixes.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Well said and I agree. It offends me everytime someone comes up to me and ask me "what kind of diet pills have you been taking"? I always tell them, it's the result of good old fashioned diet and exercise. Everyone wants a magic pill to pop and the weight just fall off. I'm so proud to have done it with hard work and determination, there are no quick fixes.
    I have had similar experiences. They almost look annoyed when you tell them how you did it! I think people just don't want to hear the truth, I guess!
  • fatstrat
    Options

Not that I wouldn't like to see cabbage lifting take off or anything, but you've obviously got the right idea. I think the people, like you, who've worked so hard to get to where they want are the ones who stay where they want.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

So there.

:noway: I gotta get one!
  • fatstrat
    Options

So there.

:noway: I gotta get one!

Just be careful not to let small children play with it. :noway:

Although, nobody thinks of me any more when they need a babysitter...
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    WOW DAVE!!!!! YOU ROCK AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ROCKED ALL THE LADIES TODAY!!!! Great advice from a great guy:love::love: :love:
  • JMez
    JMez Posts: 18
    Options
    I NEVER thought my body would crave exercise but, yep it does! You hit the nail on the head.:drinker: 151289.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter