fitbit....recommend or No???

Options
I've been looking in to getting a fitbit. I was wondering what you guys think. Should I or shouldn't I???

Replies

• aivey03
    Options
    I just set mine up today. I'll let you kmow.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Love my FitBit!
  • polkie05
    polkie05 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. It encourages me to walk more. Be more active. Jump once in a while. it keeps me in check with what I eat too. I like seeing my flower grow. It's a little pricey but the positive outcome that you get is worth it
  • xbabyblueyez21x
    Options
    I love mine!
  • Blaizen
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday and so far I love it!
  • greatbranch
    greatbranch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I want to get a fitbit ultra, too. Does anyone know if it can be used by someone who has an implanted pacemaker/defibrillator?

I know fitbit now makes a scale that measures BMI that I cannot use because of electrical signals it sends. I have googled it and checked the fitbit website, to no avail.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
  • Degren
    Degren Posts: 80
    Options
    My husband and I both enjoy our fitbits. We use them to measure daily activity. We track food in myfitnesspal. We track exercise that fitbit doesn't do well (like bicycling) in myfitnesspal. The interface works well.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    what is the difference between the fitbit and the fitbit ultra. Does it have monthly charges and is it accurate??
  • ramseycen
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for quite some time but just last week began using it with my new fitness program (personal trainer, gym and myfitnesspal.com). I LOVE it. it registers the calories I burn all day and then adds that to the calories I'm allowed that day through Myfitnesspal.com. I don't usually touch those calories which is helping me lose weight quicker but they're there if I want them.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Update on my Fitbit - after 4 days - I think it was one of the best purchases I have made for health reasons. I have been running around the house today and have not exercised (taking the day off) and I earned an extra 261 calories for 'exercise'. I find between using MFP and Fitbit - I am really more conscious of what goes in my mouth and what my activity level is. It is also kinda insightful on my sleep patterns. Haven't really figured out if it is all that useful yet - but will 'sleep' on that!!! So if you think you might want one - I would recommend it...
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I wish they were not so darn expensive!
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about getting one as well...
  • sassyN1989
    Options
    I love mine. It works with MFP and helps you to better monitor your burned calories each day.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    I have been using it since Jan 22nd and i'm in love with it. yes I strongly recommend it. keeps you motivated and wanting to up your steps each and everyday.
  • jeefyl
    jeefyl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got one from my husband for Christmas, but I just linked it to MFP two weeks ago. I love it! I love that it syncs to MFP. It encourages me to walk. It encourages me to track my food and be healthier. LOVE IT!
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    what is the difference between the fitbit and the fitbit ultra. Does it have monthly charges and is it accurate??

no it doesn't have any charges, don't know what the regular fitbit is because i got the ultra one, but mine doesn't have any charges on it.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I wish they were not so darn expensive!

Have you tried an online auction. Got mine for $49.00
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    absolutely! I love my little pocket coach!

I've had mine for 2.5 years - so it doesn't have all the stuff the new one has but I still love it and when it goes kaput, i'll be sad for a few days waiting for the replacement. No monthly fees. Incredibly accurate. Encourages me to go a little farther... Its the best $99 I ever spent on myself. Having said that - you may be able to find the older / original fitbit on ebay or other auction sites and get a good deal... worth a look / see
  • FlabulessFam
    Options
    I am hoping to get one soon! I have heard great things about them and really, really want one! Great to hear that so many love theirs! :happy: