Keep Gaining????

Options
Since February 2nd I have GAINED 8 lbs as of today. WHY?? I have eaten relatively healthy and under in my calories every day. This is 10 days. I am really not getting this not losing any weight thing right now. Very discouraged. I see other people who eat less calories and are losing weight. I see others who eat way more calories and are losing weight. I just want my weight to at least go back down to what it was 10 days ago! I can see staying the same, but GAINING! That is difficult to accept. Honestly I feel like eating nothing at all for a few days but I know that is not good for me... It is not water weight, it is not TOM, it is not muscles holding onto water. I just don't get it.

Replies

• stormtrooper73
    Options
    do you do any cardio?..do you eat late then go to bed on a full stomach...do you eat one large meal then skip the rest?:flowerforyou:
  • Wilson336
    Options
    I just took a quick peek at your daily diary for the past few days. On a few of those days you had 300-400 calories left over on a ~1200 calorie daily diet. If you are only taking in 800 calories a day, your body may be going into "starvation" mode on you, so it is trying to conserve every calorie you take in. Make sure you get as close to your calorie goal as you can. Just a thought...
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    do you do any cardio?..do you eat late then go to bed on a full stomach...do you eat one large meal then skip the rest?:flowerforyou:

I do some cardio, started gaining when I did it and laid off for a week to see what would happen. No one large meals, don't eat late at night either... You can feel free to look at my diary if you'd like :-).
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    Hope this helps, but my weight went down to 213 and I kept up my usual diet and exercise and I thought for sure I was losing like crazy! Got on the scale and up to 215, 216, up to 218! What the hell! Si I kept up my exercise didn't log in my increased weight and had a great cheat day, 2 actually! Something got reset because this morning 211.5! Go figure...so keep on give yourself a cheat day ! Log your cheat days, not as bad as you think...keep up the hard work and reward yourself, I am! Lol
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It may be time to give your body a shake. Have a higher calories day (or a few). I dont mean throwing your diet to the wind, just get some more lean proteins and veggies in and see if your metabolism takes on the challenge. I am about your weight and age and found upping my calories was the best thing I could have done.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It may be time to give your body a shake. Have a higher calories day (or a few). I dont mean throwing your diet to the wind, just get some more lean proteins and veggies in and see if your metabolism takes on the challenge. I am about your weight and age and found upping my calories was the best thing I could have done.
    ^^^This. Sometimes going onto maintenance for a couple of weeks is all it takes to get things moving again but still stick to healthy eating, just eat what your body needs to maintain your current weight. It doesn't work for everyone but it does for me :happy:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

Eating and going to bed on a full stomach does nothing... no difference. I do it all the time. I eat at 6am, go to bed at 6:30am... I eat in bed. It doesn't make any difference.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Timing doesn't matter,it's irrelevant.

Eat!
  • Shyloh1
    Options
    Since February 2nd I have GAINED 8 lbs as of today. WHY?? I have eaten relatively healthy and under in my calories every day. This is 10 days. I am really not getting this not losing any weight thing right now. Very discouraged. I see other people who eat less calories and are losing weight. I see others who eat way more calories and are losing weight. I just want my weight to at least go back down to what it was 10 days ago! I can see staying the same, but GAINING! That is difficult to accept. Honestly I feel like eating nothing at all for a few days but I know that is not good for me... It is not water weight, it is not TOM, it is not muscles holding onto water. I just don't get it.

Maybe it's time that you up your calories?

I'll bet if you up your calories and make sure you hit your macros....you'll see the scale move.

Try adding strength training into your routine as well,change up your exercise routine.
  • pegmo
    pegmo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a cheat day. No matter what diet you're on, low carb, low cal, low anything...it does throw your metabolism off with a cheat day. Keep on going and don't throw in the towel. It will be all worth it. :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    have you had Blood work done lately? Because what you are saying does not make sens.
    You might be retaining water but 8 pounds is alot!!!
    First.....is your scale old? Does it need a new batterie?
    Second, do you accuratly log your calorie intake?
    I am really at a lost with your experience and i have been here for 15 months.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I just posted the same, and no one replied *sob*
  • Shyloh1
    Options
    have you had Blood work done lately? Because what you are saying does not make sens.
    You might be retaining water but 8 pounds is alot!!!
    First.....is your scale old? Does it need a new batterie?
    Second, do you accuratly log your calorie intake?
    I am really at a lost with your experience and i have been here for 15 months.

I agree with Yanicka on this,I should of read your post more carefully,my bad!
  • Peach2you21
    Peach2you21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • Peach2you21
    Peach2you21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you decrease your calories after you lost the weight. Sometimes you will gain when you do cardio but keep doing it.. Get your heart rate up and you will burn calories and the pounds will shed. Just try to do more cardio and increase it every week or 2! Don't get discouraged because it's a thing that does happen... You just got to keep your mind set and keep going no matter how discouraged! GOOD LUCK
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure but it seems like for your current wt the goal of just over 1200 calories is too low. I looked at your diary for a few days. I think you need to have a breakfast consisting of some healthy food and not worry about the calories in your supplements. Some of the days that I looked at you were under your calorie goal. Agree with posters that you need to increase your calories with more healthy foods. Good luck.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    how strange, i lost 6lb the first week then put 2lb on 2 days in a row...although i did start to eat more rubbish. so discouraged at this i had 3 days where i totally went over my cal intake, but soon realised i was gonna get no where like that either, (plus put on all the weight i'd lost D'Oh!) i didn't log in my weight gain but decided to weigh myself once a month now & measure myself once a week instead. oh and brought 'biggest loser' food book to give me idea's on what to eat. i have been eating all my cal intake and started exercising.
    would welcome any advice too
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Are you remembering to log drinks? When I first started here I didn't log my tea, I wasn't trying to lose weight, I just wanted to know how much I really was eating, but even though it didn't seem a lot, I didn't lose any weight, and I am fairly sure it was because I was forgetting about 100-150 cals a day in drinks (mostly milk in tea). Make sure you are logging absolutely everything. If you are already doing that, I would have to say, keep on with it. It will work eventually, but it will take time.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough.

From looking at your diary it seems you are almost always a few hundred below 1200 for the day, that's not healthy.

When you don't give your body enough food it is going to store fat like crazy because it's thinking you're stranded out in the desert with no food in sight

Also, what is your weight loss per week set at? You don't have much to lose so it should only be set at 1lb loss per week at the most. If you have it set at 2lbs a week then you're definitely not eating enough.
  • traceyx69
    Options
    Dont weigh yourself..... Measure yourself instead :)