How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
It's really tempting to do it every day but I think if I do it that way I won't really feel the results!

How often do you do it, and what do you recommend as a good amount?

Also, add me if you want a new, positive friend :)

Replies

• xxgemma19xx
    Options
    i weight myself once a week, i used to weigh myself every couple of days just to i know i was loosing the weight, but ive stopped that, i think 2lbs is a good weight loss to loose in aweek, but i want to loose 3/4lbs a week
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday, if I don't weigh everyday I find myself "falling off the wagon" lol. Yes the scale goes up and down, and some days it's discouraging, but for the most part it helps me keep my diet/workouts in check. I only log losses though. I do keep track of my weight in notes section of my food diary. :)
  • rahrah82
    rahrah82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • londonms
    londonms Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly at the same time. I have heard that it's best to weigh in the morning just because you're not weighing everything you've eaten. I weigh in Monday mornings when I wake up. I do it before I get in the shower so I won't be weighing my clothes too. Weight Watchers programs have weekly weigh-ins where you wear the same outfit each time. Their method seems to work, so I copied it. Also, if you do it about the same time and day, it probably is a more accurate representation of the weight loss. Your body fluctuates weight for a lot of reasons so weighing everyday can become frustrating.
  • adryvictoria
    Options
    Hi! It is recommended that you weigh in once a week. Try weighing yourself on the same day and around the same time to see more accurate results.
  • kahump
    Options
    Thanks guys, it looks like weekly is the way to go then :)

That's interesting about weighing yourself in the morning, I'll keep that in mind!
  • skinnygirlhiding1
    skinnygirlhiding1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, just to keep track of where I'm at. But I only log my weigh ins on Sunday morning before doing anything else.
  • jsnearly
    Options
    every week
  • helloflopsy
    Options
    Every two weeks... Just to make sure I'm heading in the right direction :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale *kitten*! If I don't like the numbers, it pushes me harder to workout.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Sunday mornings when I wake up.
  • Danielle8706
    Danielle8706 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • eolivero
    Options
    Every MONDAY - butt naked. Or is it buck naked?
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Everyday, I can't help it, I get curious :) I log on Mondays and Fridays for group challenges that I'm in. When these challenges are over I'll go back to logging it in once a week.
  • dizsolvedgirl
    dizsolvedgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but I don't freak out if I up a little it's really just a status check. Fridays are my official weigh day.

I know if I don't weigh myself I'm not paying attention and one day leads to a week and that's pounds start to creep on.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Every day. I should really stop doing that. I have a once a week weigh in day for a challenge and should really just stick with that.
  • Maureenlou
    Maureenlou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at Weight Watchers every Saturday morning. There are to many ups and downs during the week that can discourage you. So stick to once a week.
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Everyday, if Ive gained or stayed the same it pushes me to try harder, if Ive lost weight it motivates me to keep it up. win win. Like today it was just a .2 loss, but still, made me smile. I dont log weight gain on the days I do gain though, I wait til the next day and see if ive lost and log that.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Every day for me! Not that I take it to heart but its a starting point to my day... I always go by how the mirror looks anyways.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, just to keep track of where I'm at. But I only log my weigh ins on Sunday morning before doing anything else.

This. Using the same scale, same time, same amt of clothes, keeping in mind that scales are inconsistent. So if everything is the same I am consistently inconsistent. Looking for a trend more than number, although, number is encouraging too :-)