what's the latest you'll eat?

my day is kinda crazy at time. sometimes it's later during the day when i notice i'm still REALLY low on calories. so my question is, how late do you guys eat at night? i've heard a lot of ppl don't eat anyhting after 6/7pm? is it bad to eat so late????

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    I dont think it matters. Personally I don't like to eat 2 hours before I go to bed. I dont like to sleep on a full stomach
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    I eat when I am hungry. So whatever time that is.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    The reason why people suggest to stop eating at a certain time is because most of the mindless grazing occurs at night. If you're not the kind of person to over eat I night, they there are no worries for you. Eat if you're hungry.
    Personally, I don't eat 2 hours before bedtime. I mentally close the kitchen 2 hours before I intend to go to bed. I'm only allowed water during that time. I find I sleep better, and I don't have any unhappy surprises on the scale in the morning. (That's another thing, try not to weigh in everyday, if you can. I monitor for food allergies and water retention daily using my weight.)
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    I TRY not to eat too late, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. Sometimes I even eat as late as 11pm or midnight. I am still losing weight though, and have lost 60 pounds since September, so whatever I am doing seems to be working for me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    The latest I'll eat is the moment right before I go to bed.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member

This. Meal timing is irrelevant.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    The only reason I don't eat right before bed is because I have a history of heartburn. Otherwise, timing does not matter for meals or snacks. If you are hungry, then eat.
  • The latest I'll eat is the moment right before I go to bed.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    3 AM. And not one minute later. Well . . . unless I'm still up. But I never know if I should put it down as breakfast on today, or dinner from yesterday.

As said before meal timing is irrelevant.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member

This. Meal timing is irrelevant.

ditto.
  • As said before meal timing is irrelevant.

this
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    Once I'm asleep I stop eating. LOL Seriously, I eat a lot of my calories in snacks, and a lot of that is after dinner, and half the time dinner isn't until 7-8:00pm, something about the sun going down just makes me hungry. I already know that I like to snack after dinner, so I plan it into my day in advance so I know I have the calories to use. And I've had great success thus far. :-)
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    cool....thx guys....
  • Whenever I'm hungry. I do not sleep well/at all if I'm hungry. If I'm hungry a half hour before I go to bed, I'll grab a low fat yogurt or a banana or some bread and peanut butter or something.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    last night I ate dinner around 10:45. Until then, I had only consumed 200 calories! I had a really busy day and was starving. Made the most out of those calories too. Went to Dennys. haha
  • I eat whenever I want. I don't restrict it based on time.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 650 Member
    I won't eat past my last meal.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    i try to eat my dinner by 8 at the latest. if i am still hungry i will eat no later than an hour before bed.. & its usually a light snack..
    or if im hungry still after that ill make some hot tea : )
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    I typically eat dinner as late as 11 PM...but I am up till 1 AM...I exercise starting around 9:30 pm or 10 pm sometimes
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    7pm. I have Achalasia, a rare disorder of the esophagus, and if I eat late, I can't sleep.