what's the latest you'll eat?

Replies

• thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    I eat whenever I'm hungry, I don't care how late it is. If you're still in a deficit, eating after some arbitrary time like 6 or 7 doesn't really make that much of a difference. I do try to keep it light, but if I'm starving I'm going to eat enough to hold me over until morning.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I eat when I am hungry or if I get an intense workout late in the evening, I make sure to get some protein in right after - no matter how late it is.
    The time of day doesn't really matter, except it may be difficult to sleep on a very full - or very empty - stomach.
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    meal timing is completely irrelevant - as has been said in this thread.
    I sometimes eat right before I go to sleep if I'm hungry and it fits into my caloric intake for the day and I've lost almost 30 lbs in the last 3 months. As long as it fits into your calories for the days and you're not binge eating garbage, there's no reason why you shouldn't eat before bed if you're hungry.
  • PB IS GREAT AT NIGHT
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    I sometimes eat at like 2 or 3 am. Usually I'm up doing a paper that's due the next day, so I feel like I burn the calories by thinking. :laugh:
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    this.
    I eat when I am hungry. So whatever time that is.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    I try to stop eating when I'm in bed.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    i like to finish eating around 8pm. if i eat later than that it sits really bad on my stomach the next day. i have my dinner around 5-6pm, and then if i am hungry about 8pm i have a snack (thats if i have any cals left:laugh:)
  • There are times that I am so hungry at 4 am that I can't control myself and eat whatever I find in front of me, but most of the times I don't eat or at least try not to eat after 7pm.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Since I work 2nd shift meal times are always off balance time wise.

My general rule is during the week I eat a light dinner and go to bed about 2 hours later. On the weekends last meal is by 5pm and a light snack at 9ish.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    I try to go to sleep at 10, so....10.
    I used to worry with acid reflux, but that's gone now. NSV
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I eat right up until bedtime!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    I try not to eat once I'm in bed. It works... most of the time.
  • I eat when I am hungry. So whatever time that is.

This.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    I routinely eat a bedtime snack, typically a piece of fruit and peanut butter. I used to be an out-of-control evening snacker, and having a "legal" late snack to look forward to helped me to break that habit.
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    if I have the calories left, I eat when I want to. I don't care what time it is.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Even though I know that it doesn't matter what time you eat, I try not to eat anything after 8pm.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Anytime .... it doesn't matter.
  • I don't have a set time, sometimes the last meal I have is between half 5 Nd 6. I sometimes have a snack before bed. If I'm hungry Il eat something regardless of the time.
    I know the apparent myth that eating late puts on more weight because you obviously don't excercise when your asleep.
    But dunno if its true.
  • wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Nurse told me not to eat after 6 if you can help it. Even if you exercise after then.