Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    *eats popcorn, waits for lock*
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own methods and believes, and everyone does what works for them right ? Why attack people?

Yea, so if using Meth makes me lose weight, everyone should just back off because "It works for me" right?

Lets even go less extreme - Should we support eating disorders like Bulemia and Anorexia because "It works for me"?

Come on, we'll be supportive of anything that is HEALTHY that works for you. Asking for us to be supportive things that put your life and health at risk is asinine.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I would rather keep my muscle, thanks. HCG is crap. Well, actually it's more like, PEE! lol
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    Pro-HCG threads are discouraged in the main forums. This diet is unhealthy, unsustainable, and not promoted by MFP.

Like I said everyone is entilited to their opnion

It's not an opinion. It's a fact.

HCG (the hormone) is ineffective for weight loss and eating 500 calories per day is tantamount to starvation. You may not have symptoms now because you just started, but this is a really poor decision on your part.

Please read the following:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2405506
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/786001
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/595585
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3609673

Oh yeah, and the FDA has already declared it illegal to use for weight loss:
    http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm

HAHAHA!!! Yeah, I don't buy the FDA bull**** argument either. They have banned and controlled other substances in the name of greed. If anything, you have made me WANT to try this diet.

I have met a lot of coworkers who did lose the weight and keep the weight off. There is no sagging skin because the HCG is supposed to make your skin conform to a new shape, much like a pregnant woman's body would.

The only reason that people DO gain back the weight is if they go back to the crappy American diet and don't stick to an all natural, all organic, hormone free diet.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA!!! Yeah, I don't buy the FDA bull**** argument either. They have banned and controlled other substances in the name of greed. If anything, you have made me WANT to try this diet.

I have met a lot of coworkers who did lose the weight and keep the weight off. There is no sagging skin because the HCG is supposed to make your skin conform to a new shape, much like a pregnant woman's body would.

The only reason that people DO gain back the weight is if they go back to the crappy American diet and don't stick to an all natural, all organic, hormone free diet.

Paranoid much?

Also, if you are so certain of your assertions, please provide a single scientific peer-reviewed article that demonstrates that HCG assists in weight loss and causes skin tightening. I dare you to find a single one.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

*Gasps for air*
    Here, does this look like this pregnant womans body "conformed" and didnt cause stretch marks?

stretchmark.jpg
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    Why do people insist putting so many foreign things in their bodies? Why is eating healthy and exercising so hard? Why is discipline always a problem?

I hate these damn excuses about the healthy way "not working for me". yes, there are slow metabolisms, yes there are people that lose weight slower, but at the end of the day, to lose weight, calories int < calories out and that's it. 500 cal a day is going to make you lose weight, no matter who you are. It's unhealthy because it is way too little (been there done that) and at some point you will get sick, no doubt about it. But yes, it is working. Ravaging your body and working. Getting you thin and working. But not sustaining you to actually live and enjoy life. just weight loss.

Why the hell would anyone want to add HCG to this? You dont produce HCG except when you are pregnant (human CORIONIC gonadotrophin people!) therefore why need it when you are not? Hormone treatments are sketchy as it is, it's really difficult to balance them out even if you are supplementing something that is missing, let alone something that you dont need at all...

I mentioned it earlier, but if you are going to lose weight at any cost, why not just take crystal meth or heroin or something, because that "helps" too...:grumble:
    I can tell you why.

People like me are addicts. Just like a meth user and a heroin user. So a "healthy" way will not do. I have to totally abstain from all sugars.....which works until someone shoves a trigger food in your face (like, at my job) and says, "C'mon, have just one.".

The only difference between my addiction and a heroin addict is, you don't need heroin to live. But we do have to eat.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Why do people insist putting so many foreign things in their bodies? Why is eating healthy and exercising so hard? Why is discipline always a problem?

I hate these damn excuses about the healthy way "not working for me". yes, there are slow metabolisms, yes there are people that lose weight slower, but at the end of the day, to lose weight, calories int < calories out and that's it. 500 cal a day is going to make you lose weight, no matter who you are. It's unhealthy because it is way too little (been there done that) and at some point you will get sick, no doubt about it. But yes, it is working. Ravaging your body and working. Getting you thin and working. But not sustaining you to actually live and enjoy life. just weight loss.

Why the hell would anyone want to add HCG to this? You dont produce HCG except when you are pregnant (human CORIONIC gonadotrophin people!) therefore why need it when you are not? Hormone treatments are sketchy as it is, it's really difficult to balance them out even if you are supplementing something that is missing, let alone something that you dont need at all...

I mentioned it earlier, but if you are going to lose weight at any cost, why not just take crystal meth or heroin or something, because that "helps" too...:grumble:
    I can tell you why.

People like me are addicts. Just like a meth user and a heroin user. So a "healthy" way will not do. I have to totally abstain from all sugars.....which works until someone shoves a trigger food in your face (like, at my job) and says, "C'mon, have just one.".

The only difference between my addiction and a heroin addict is, you don't need heroin to live. But we do have to eat.

So you turned to HCG because you have no self control and blame the FDA for that?
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how HCG threads are any different than pro-ana threads.
    They should all be banned.
    Or better yet - someone start a site called myskinnynomatterwhatthecost.pal and they can all move there.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    To the OP. This site is full of food and diet Nazis. If you dont do things the way they do things they will attack you. If HCG works for you and you like it, then go for it.
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Pro-HCG threads are discouraged in the main forums. This diet is unhealthy, unsustainable, and not promoted by MFP.

It's not an opinion. It's a fact.

HCG (the hormone) is ineffective for weight loss and eating 500 calories per day is tantamount to starvation. You may not have symptoms now because you just started, but this is a really poor decision on your part.

Please read the following:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2405506
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/786001
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/595585
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3609673

Oh yeah, and the FDA has already declared it illegal to use for weight loss:

Why would you advocate hormone free diet and hcg in the same breath?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    To the OP. This site is full of food and diet Nazis. If you dont do things the way they do things they will attack you. If HCG works for you and you like it, then go for it.

Dear OP, if you want to risk organ damage and muscle wastage, go for it.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Yup, go for it.

Be sure to stay a member though, you'll need it when you regain it all again and want to try it in a healthy manner. :)
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    *eats popcorn, waits for lock*

Haha^^ agreed
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Actually, if we were Nazi's, we would be more inclined to push it on people as a form of torture.

Thanks for Godwining the thread.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Everyone has their own methods and believes, and everyone does what works for them right ? Why attack people?

Yea, so if using Meth makes me lose weight, everyone should just back off because "It works for me" right?

Lets even go less extreme - Should we support eating disorders like Bulemia and Anorexia because "It works for me"?

Come on, we'll be supportive of anything that is HEALTHY that works for you. Asking for us to be supportive things that put your life and health at risk is asinine.

Personally I make a mean meth and crack cocktail lost 5lbs in one day!!!! :))
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago. I lasted 1 week. I was starving, but every time I would eat it would make me vomit. I lost 15lbs. but had to get off it. I gained back 30lbs in three weeks. Its been about three years and I am still trying to get back to pre hcg weight.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    I don't know how to quote from another thread but this was posted by a moderator, catcrazy

catcrazy

Joined Sep 2010

Sun 02/12/12 03:21 AM

Dear Posters

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The FDA has declared the use of HCG in that manner as illegal.

If you want to lose weight so badly, do it the right way not resort to gimmics and other fads that do not work.

Quote from above link:

"HCG is a hormone that is produced by the human placenta during pregnancy." HAVE FUN WITH THAT!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options

And your opinion is wrong. Good day ma'am.

This
This discussion has been closed.