Looking like a gym horror!!!

Options

Replies

• cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Twist your bangs back and clip on sides, if headband slides off. Pull hair back into tight pony tail and wear some tinted moisturizer and waterproof mascara! Invest in some good quality workout clothing, like Lululemon or Lucy and you'll look great and burn calories!

I like makeup more than the average girl but there is no way in h*ll I'm wearing tinted moisturiser and mascara to a gym. You're there to work like an ox and sweat. Wearing makeup while doing this will make you look like a hot mess. Lip balm and go.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm a fitness instructor and sweat like crazy.....she asked how she could feel better about herself and I gave her some helpful tips. Stop the negativity please. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anyway to stay "attractive" when you are busting it at the gym. Seriously, 15-20 minutes into my cardio, I am starting to sweat. For the last 10 minutes or so, I am literally dripping and my hair is soaked (it's up in a pony tail).

What you can do is to pat yourself on your back for working so hard. There are only two women at the gym where I work out that sweat hard and I am one of them. But I feel so good mentally and physically when I leave that it's worth it to me.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm a fitness instructor and sweat like crazy.....she asked how she could feel better about herself and I gave her some helpful tips. Stop the negativity please. :)

Im quite surprised how some of these comments are coming across. (maybe its just the way theyre written). Whats wrong with wanting to look half decent? A lot of us want to look nice whilst working out, otherwise Nike and Adidas etc wouldnt be doing the big business they are! I just want to feel confident in all aspects, when I walk in the gym and when I walk back out. Im training to be a PT, so it wont look very good for my clients if I end up looking worse than they do! All I wanted was some pratical advice, if I want to look nice then surely thats up to me? :flowerforyou:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    After a hard workout in the gym today, I looked at myself in the changing room mirror, and was horrified!! I had sweat everywhere, my face for bright red and my fringe (bangs) was plastered to my head. Girls - how do you stay looking at least half decent in the gym whilst working really hard???????
    Pick one or the other, either look like a princess and waste your time, or work hard and take a shower.
  • Graciecny
    Options
    I looked an absolute wreck when I left the gym today. AND I decided to stop by Walmart on my way home. I thought, "Eh, I've seen worse than this at Walmart......no one will even bat an eye at me." :laugh:
    See, if I did that I'd end up on PeopleofWalmart.com! :laugh: Of course, I *have* been to Walmart in my PJ's before, so I'm not sure workout clothes and sweaty would be so bad - might be an improvement.

As for the red face and sweat, SO me!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

Im quite surprised how some of these comments are coming across. (maybe its just the way theyre written). Whats wrong with wanting to look half decent? A lot of us want to look nice whilst working out, otherwise Nike and Adidas etc wouldnt be doing the big business they are! I just want to feel confident in all aspects, when I walk in the gym and when I walk back out. Im training to be a PT, so it wont look very good for my clients if I end up looking worse than they do! All I wanted was some pratical advice, if I want to look nice then surely thats up to me? :flowerforyou:

HAHA, see, I am not taking these comments as harsh as you. This is one of the reasons that one of my friends and myself wanna come up with a "tone" font.

I understand what you are saying, you wanna look as hot after you work out as you do before. Well, the fact that you do not think you do is your perception. If you pay attention to what people are saying, they are trying to tell you that to look the way you look after working out IS AS HOT as you wanna look.

There is a gym in my area that women go to in full make up and even jewelry, they do not work that hard as they do not want to work up a sweat and ruin the way they look, because the whole reason they come to the gym is to be seen. People laugh at them.

If the way you look to others is so important to you, then maybe you might want to consider working out at home so you will not feel so insecure.

To me, working in the gym is taking care of the inside of me. I refuse to let my ego get in the way of that, after all, that is what is most important when the outside fades, and trust me, it does fade.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    It means you're working hard! :D

1) Tie your hair up, and push fringe back with a headband or something so that it doesn't stick to you.
    2) Use a small towel to wipe the sweat off your face.
    3) Water!
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Not a single f*** is given.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My goal while at the gym is to leave looking worse than I went in... because to me that means I worked hard.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    After a hard workout in the gym today, I looked at myself in the changing room mirror, and was horrified!! I had sweat everywhere, my face for bright red and my fringe (bangs) was plastered to my head. Girls - how do you stay looking at least half decent in the gym whilst working really hard???????
    You EARNED it. You're supposed to look ragged from working out!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • avesoriano
    Options
    The most is a cheek tint. I love body shop. It gets more natural after a workout. Like blushing. :) or just flushed.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Not a single f*** is given.

^^ This I put a bandana on my head so I THINK I look bad *kitten*!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I don't care what I look like. I'm busting my *kitten* and that should be congratulated.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    That's how you know you're doing it right :D
  • hsmithway
    Options
    Although I'm in the "worse I look the more productive I was" camp myself, I have a friend who's a little more self conscious than I a, and she always wears a buff on her head. https://www.buffwear.com/catalog/ I've never tried one, but she swears by them.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    sweet, i just checked out buff wear...i would totally wear one of those instead of a ball cap
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I wear a hat. I sweat!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I don't. Imagine the same as you but with my giant bose headphones. I look like beet-red sweaty alien, and I don't care what everyone else thinks.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'd rather look like a gym horror than a gym *kitten*.