non looks, non sports goals?

Options
ishallnotwant
ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
Do any of you have goals that are completely unrelated to looking hot, playing sports, etc-but are things you hope will improve as you get more fit?

I love, love, LOVE to sing...but right now i'm kind of out of shape and my asthma acts up and i get short of breath while trying to sing certain songs. I'm hoping that by exercising and building up my lung/aerobic capacity, I will be able to keep up with more challenging songs as I get more fit (and not get out of breath so easily). I may reward myself with voice lessons when I hit my goal weight...it would be so fun! :blushing:

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! I never even thought about having goals that don't fall in those categories.
    I think you should definitely get those voice lessons! :D
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nope. The ONLY reason I'm cutting is to look better naked.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Not having my hip or back give out at inopportune moments is really nice.

Then again, is there really ever a GOOD time to have your hip or back give out?!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I do suppose it could effect other areas of my life, but I honestly can't think of annnny!

I'd have to second Cacrat. I'm just vain. It's all vanity.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 so "hotness" doesn't loom too big in my lifestyle!
    My goals are more fitness and emotional centered. I practice Tai Chi, love Jazzercise and hope to learn yoga soon. Peace, strength, flexibility and balance are my goals.:flowerforyou:
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Confidence, I think. DH noticed that I even walked differently when I was smaller. I didn't realize it until he pointed it out, but even my stride changed. I was more willing to take little risks, too - like trying different cuts and colors with my hair, or wearing clothing that stands out rather than just always going with the default.

But on a slightly more practical level, I want to strengthen my ankles, knees and back, and stop over-stressing them so much with fluctuating body weight. I'm a little too prone to rolling my ankles just due to my walking posture, and the extra weight doesn't help... and my back muscles would definitely benefit from planned strengthening + less fat to support.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I hope to be a better and more efishent house keeper, I want to be like Martha Stewart and Joan Clever on speed, lol but with out all the unattractive things that come from speed :noway:
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot for work. It would be great to put the armrest down between myself and the passenger sitting next to me!! Luckily I don't need a belt extension! Hips and butt to lose ASAP
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    Nope. The ONLY reason I'm cutting is to look better naked.

^^^this!
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I cant afford new pants....
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I would love to learn to do a cartwheel!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Keep blood pressure, fat leading to other health issues, being able to run with my daughter, keep my 11 boys b-ball team in check, bone density, general health, use or lose it, etc. etc etc.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I would love to learn to do a cartwheel!

I love doing cartwheels! Your kids will think you're the coolest mom ever, mine love when I do gymnastics with them!