Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My wedding dress fitting......

2»

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    You really rock. I love reading stories like yours because it gives us beginners hope thank you and bless you and your husband to be with nothing but the best.

Thank You :flowerforyou: And you can do this. Follow the MFP guidelines and you can do it. It takes time, patience, and dedication. And you will make mistakes....but just keep on truckin. Get back on the program and it will be fine. :drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Ok......sooooooo......some of you know this already. But I haven't been around much so I thought I'd fill the rest of you in. :flowerforyou:

Last Saturday, I went in for my first dress fitting. When I bought my dress a year ago I couldn't even zip it up the rest of the way on my own.:ohwell: Last Saturday, the lady said I had gone down two dress sizes th_happy0005.gif I had tried on the dress the night before and thought to myself...wow, all that work and I still look fat in my dress. :sad: BUT when she had it all pinned back and I saw how it would look, altered, I actually was happy with the way I look! :bigsmile: :drinker: th_yipee.gif I need to start tanning now though :embarassed: And I could use some toning up, but that takes time. I am very excited and happy with the results. As for now, I will be maintaining and still working out but not trying to lose anymore until after the wedding. Actually, even then, its not about numbers on the scale anymore it's about looks in the mirror. Toning is going to be the toughest part for me. I enjoy aerobics but not too into the strength training thing :grumble: But I am determined to do it:drinker: :smokin:

Anyhow, it may cost me about $350 bucks for these alterations...but it is well worth it to me :drinker:
    It showed me how much progress I have really made. :bigsmile:

The End.
    th_smalldancingman.gif

That is AWESOME! You're going to look gorgeous!

I had to shell out 400$ for alterations to take my size 12 into an 8 inch shorter size 8- it's so worth it though, your dress will fit you perfectly :flowerforyou: I bet you're excited!
  • kellch

I had to shell out 400$ for alterations to take my size 12 into an 8 inch shorter size 8- it's so worth it though, your dress will fit you perfectly :flowerforyou: I bet you're excited!

Thank you! :flowerforyou: I'm very excited...time's flyin by :bigsmile:

Congrats to you too!!! Wow 12 to an 8!!! :drinker: You rock lady!!! speedmetal.gif
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Ok......sooooooo......some of you know this already. But I haven't been around much so I thought I'd fill the rest of you in. :flowerforyou:

Last Saturday, I went in for my first dress fitting. When I bought my dress a year ago I couldn't even zip it up the rest of the way on my own.:ohwell: Last Saturday, the lady said I had gone down two dress sizes th_happy0005.gif I had tried on the dress the night before and thought to myself...wow, all that work and I still look fat in my dress. :sad: BUT when she had it all pinned back and I saw how it would look, altered, I actually was happy with the way I look! :bigsmile: :drinker: th_yipee.gif I need to start tanning now though :embarassed: And I could use some toning up, but that takes time. I am very excited and happy with the results. As for now, I will be maintaining and still working out but not trying to lose anymore until after the wedding. Actually, even then, its not about numbers on the scale anymore it's about looks in the mirror. Toning is going to be the toughest part for me. I enjoy aerobics but not too into the strength training thing :grumble: But I am determined to do it:drinker: :smokin:

Anyhow, it may cost me about $350 bucks for these alterations...but it is well worth it to me :drinker:

The End.
    th_smalldancingman.gif

Awwww-- this is so exciting-- please make sure you both post pictures-- I can't wait to see.

Kerri, when is your wedding? Kell, you're in June, yes?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congrats on meeting your goal and your wedding dress fitting and your up coming wedding. You look great. Do you eat your exercise calories? If so how many?

Thank you :flowerforyou: I still have some toning up to do. But for now, I will just maintain. I don't want to have to have them take it in even more :grumble: :laugh:

I eat most of my exercise calories. Sometimes all. But always ate most of them. As for now, I'm eating to maintain. (until after the wedding):drinker:

you are very welcome. :smile:
  • kellch

The End.
    th_smalldancingman.gif

Awwww-- this is so exciting-- please make sure you both post pictures-- I can't wait to see.

Kerri, when is your wedding? Kell, you're in June, yes?

Yuppers...June 13th :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    No pix? Tami's gonna be maaaad:tongue:

Cant you do simple arm exercises so you can tone them up? I started with 5 pound weights and push ups. Nothing else and it made a huge diff in my muscles in my arms.

bicep curls
    tricep kick backs
    and good old fashion push ups!!

Either way you are going to be the most beautimous bride in the world!!:smooched: :smooched:

:heart: :smooched: :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    My anniversary is June 14th!! :) We have so much in common. 'sides a love of rolls!!! :laugh:

And congrats!! You ROCK woman!!:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    No pix? Tami's gonna be maaaad:tongue:

Cant you do simple arm exercises so you can tone them up? I started with 5 pound weights and push ups. Nothing else and it made a huge diff in my muscles in my arms.

bicep curls
    tricep kick backs
    and good old fashion push ups!!

Either way you are going to be the most beautimous bride in the world!!:smooched: :smooched:

:heart: :smooched: :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched: :flowerforyou:

I don't like pushups CrossedArms.gif
  • kellch
    My anniversary is June 14th!! :) We have so much in common. 'sides a love of rolls!!! :laugh:

And congrats!! You ROCK woman!!:flowerforyou:

Rooooollllllllllsssssssss :love: :love:

Thanks lady! You rock too.....we love rolls, our anniversaries will be close, and we both rock! speedmetal.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!