Do you LOVE your job enough........................

Options
2»

Replies

• its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I really love my job - I'm a clinical nurse and everyday there's a new challenge to test me and keep me on my toes! But I feel that we don't get paid enough as it is for the work we do. We're basically on the frontline and often get abused physically and emotionally by patients and pretty much risk our own health to help others. No matter how much satisfaction I get from helping others, a pay cut would definitely make me seek an alternate profession.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I took 2 paycuts, there's nothing I can do because I don't stand a chance of finding another job, Ireland is in a recession and there are no jobs anywhere..
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Spent 30 years in a job I despised, but it paid the bills (and ruined my health). It was almost a relief when I was forced into early retirement. I discovered I enjoyed teaching and taught in a local college for ten more years, then medical issues caused me to step aside and I began teaching on-line classes for a major university. As a consequence of physical therapy I also got into physical training, earned group training, T'ai Chi, and Senior Fitness Certificates. Now,I am lowly paid, but I love what I am doing. I part time work 4 days per week in a fitness club.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Spent 30 years in a job I despised, but it paid the bills (and ruined my health). It was almost a relief when I was forced into early retirement. I discovered I enjoyed teaching and taught in a local college for ten more years, then medical issues caused me to step aside and I began teaching on-line classes for a major university. As a consequence of physical therapy I also got into physical training, earned group training, T'ai Chi, and Senior Fitness Certificates. Now,I am lowly paid, but I love what I am doing. I part time work 4 days per week in a fitness club.
    Our Tai Chi instructor that works here is also a retired gentleman and enjoys his teaching of seniors and younger members here as well. Tai Chi is such a great stress reliever and great way to just get "into" yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. I don't want to be doing this job and would definitely take that as a sign to move on immediately!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I work in my home as a childcare provider. I have 5 kids ( plus 1 of my 3 ) from 7:00am to 5:30pm. I work WAY too hard to take a paycut of any significant amount. The last time I worked it out, I made about $2 an hour per kid... before you take off feeding them and the wear & tear on my home.

I look forward to the day when I can leave work AT work.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Hell no. I don't really like my job enough to do it for the money they pay me now.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I would, I truly love my job. Fortunately, I don't think I"ll ever be faced with that though. In the 50 years our company has been around we've never had to do pay cuts or layoffs. I work in the beer industry and let's face it, people aren't going to stop drinking beer anytime soon :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    That would be a hell no. I'm already underpaid as it is. And actually I'm already kind of looking for something else. I like my job, but I have new bosses I don't much care for.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    OH PHUCK NO.....

Clear enough stated?
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I'm a Police Officer, and the thing is, I absolutely love helping people. Nothing makes me feel better than going on a call for service where I can also bring the good news of God with me, and change their lives in a positive way. Unfortunately, with being a public servant, also comes the b.s. of politics. This job has always been so political, and even moreso in recent years that it really has me wanting to tell them what they can do with their badge, and run for the hills.
  • First of all, I am thankful to have a job, a job that has opened my eyes, matured me, and has allowed me to gain experience. But honestly, I don't love my job enough to take a pay cut. I'm a CNA at a local university hospital and, as selfish as it may seem, for the work that I do, I don't believe we, as in healthcare workers, get paid enough; I am the eyes and the ears for the nurse. With my position, I provide the majority of the comfort care and assistance with any and all activities of daily living. My job isn't fun, it definitely isn't glamorous, and it isn't sunshine and rainbows -- don't get me wrong, I do enjoy helping others and helping a person become healthier and well, but I would be lying if I said I didn't feel greatly under-appreciated. This is not what I want to do the rest of my life; I am continuing my education to become a certified nurse midwife and once I become one, I do believe I will be completely satisfied and I would be willing to take a pay cut in a heartbeat.
  • AlyPhill
    Options
    I love my job enough to work there for 2 years and not get paid
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Omg yes! I absolutely love my job. I can walk to it and I work for the school which works around my classes babysitting people in a computer lab all day. Love it! It pays for my tuition. I'm pretty dang close to minimum wage so far so it would be more of a matter of cutting hours back then a pay decrease. Which is totally cool with me!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Lol, so today I got a raise....................

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Almost except my salary
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    No freaking way! I used to love my job, but now I'm at the point that I would happily leave....but for the pay. I'm earning close to six figures and the only reason I stay is so that I can use my annual leave to go overseas each year.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT