Do men really enjoy receiving gifts on Valentine's Day?

Options
13»

Replies

• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have lost too many people lately so everyday is valentines day
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Lets be fair here, most of us are very happy with the attention we get from showering you girls all day ;) The end of the night treat wahoo!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'd rather celebrate steak and knobber day.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    no. we enjoy receiving gifts any day of the year.
    This works.

Other than that, Valentine's is a total chick holiday. I don't want anything I wouldn't want on any other day.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to give my husband his gift. It's an Axe throwing and beer tasting day. Am I the best wife ever? That's what I'm aiming for :laugh:
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My hubby of almost 27 years would prefer a date night and a hand made card to any other gifts for Valentine's Day.
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    This will be our first Valentine's as a married couple. I got my husband a card, tulips that we can plant because they are his favorite and I love them too, and I am baking him chewy chocolate chip cookies tomorrow.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    When I shell out $200+ yea, I wouldnt mind something. I got my girl a tiffany's bracelet, shes gonna get me Red Wings Tickets, or were gonna go to the shooting range, not sure which
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    we don't really do valentine's day aside from watching a movie and cooking dinner together
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    A fantasy voucher that you give to your man:

"What: .................................
    How: ....................................
    Where: ................................
    When: .................................".

E.g.:
    "I want to do [stuff stuff stuff ;-)]
    with a frying pan as a hat and you dressed as a giant chicken
    on the balcony under a cardboard house
    the next time it's snowing."

That's cheap and cool.
  • canela023
    canela023 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend took us (me & my kids) out to dinner and a movie on Saturday night and he's gonna cook dinner for us tommorrow. I told him I really didn't anything except a card. I got him a card and some candies and I made him a gift certificate for Salsa lessons after he has ankle surgery next month, so he can boogy down with his new happy feet!!!

That's two fold, we both get the dance the pounds away!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I get my boyfriend a card and chocolate too! He loves candy, and i think that can be given too

And of course give him all the fun he wants in the bedroom later on ;D

hit it right on there.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    What is this "Valentine's Day" that everybody is talking about. If its so important, why do I still have to go to work tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
  • canela023
    canela023 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Here is my list of things I would want for valentines day. Also, I don't really need a card. Its cute and sentimental, but I feel like I have to get one in return.

*ex
    Take me to the hardware store and go pick out any tool you want
    handy
    blow - wile playing video games
    want to try coming in the back door?
    You can have that beer and watch all of the aliens moves, even the really stupid ones.

Sorry but I find this hysterical!!!! Good one!
  • MattHale1
    Options
    We men do like gifts on Valentine's Day because it boosts our ego and tells us that she is still thinking about me. But we like practical gifts. Flowers, candy, balloons just look like a way to boost profits for the flower shop, Hershey's and the balloon store. They seem more like a formality than something we actually enjoy. What we would really like is a gift certificate to our favorite restaurant and then spend it there with you.
  • kirstyj1
    kirstyj1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i get spoiled all year round by my fiance he never says no to anything i would like and suprises me with flowers and chocolates now and again too he also cooks for me on occassion so i do get him cards every year and try to return what he gives me all year so he gets spoiled. this year i got him a saarloos puppy hes always wanted a larger breed dog and so i decided to get it for him. i think they should be treated too, i like the idea like someone said of away time together rather than gifts im sure this would be appreciated more when our 4 children are older. (all under 7 and not one baby sitter!) so think that will be great then but for now its a few gifts and cards and meal dvd and curled up on the couch together :)
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    A fantasy voucher that you give to your man:

"What: .................................
    How: ....................................
    Where: ................................
    When: .................................".

E.g.:
    "I want to do [stuff stuff stuff ;-)]
    with a frying pan as a hat and you dressed as a giant chicken
    on the balcony under a cardboard house
    the next time it's snowing."

That's cheap and cool.

ahahaha

no pun intended on the COOL right :laugh: :wink:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My hunny is gone on a mission over Valentines Day and we agreed that it is just a day and we can celebrate our love any day. Which is what we'll do once he get's back. We'll go out for dinner and drinks. I snuck a sweet card into his pack this morning before we left to drop him off (and I included a sweet note) that he probably won't find until Valentines Day (I stashed it good and will have to tell him to look for it tomorrow lol) and since I can't be there to give him a kiss, I also packed him a big Hersheys Kiss :heart: That'll prob. be all I get him and I know he'll be surprised and really happy when he does find them. I think just making our men feel special should be good enough on V-day.:heart: I know that's all I want on V-day too :smile:
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Here is my list of things I would want for valentines day. Also, I don't really need a card. Its cute and sentimental, but I feel like I have to get one in return.

*ex
    Take me to the hardware store and go pick out any tool you want
    handy
    blow - wile playing video games
    want to try coming in the back door?
    You can have that beer and watch all of the aliens moves, even the really stupid ones.

Sorry but I find this hysterical!!!! Good one!

I agree. I think this one takes the cake!!!! Guess my man will be having a VERY HAPPY Valentine's Day!!!