Foods that make you feel Full

Options
2»

Replies

• clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am testing out a new breakfast... My old one used to be crustless spinach quiche which always did the trick in keeping me full...with protein and not carbs!

New breakfast to mix it up a bit - is steel cut oat breakfast bars that I make from scratch.

steel cut oats
    wheat germ
    walnuts
    craisins
    peanut butter
    1 egg
    applesauce (to moisten)

I bake them and cut them into 9 pieces (9x9 pan) I have added them under "Generic-Stell cut oat bars"

Yummy and filling. And steel cut oats are much lower on the glycemic index than other oatmeal.

These sound super yum! What measurements of each ingredient do you use?

^^^ Yum, I want the recipe!
  • delsey2007
    delsey2007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    rice cakes! and my friend had me try out a fiber one bar today...those help you feel more full!
  • bevcherry15
    bevcherry15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I have found lemon and ginger tea before a meal helps me feel fuller for longer and if I feel peckish in the afternoon or later on at night a can of diet coke really helps. When you read up on the net they do say caffeine in any shape or form suppress Hungary. Hope this helps ........Bev
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes.....yum!!
  • bored4long
    bored4long Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Protein definitely fills me up. I have yet been able to eat an entire 6 egg white omelet with a 4 oz chicken breast and spinach in it (no cheese). Lots of hot sauce helps me get more down. Very filling.

I find raw Almonds to be very satisfying.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    When I am still a bit hungry mid morning or mid afternoon I have a protein shake - 25g protein powder and 200ml unsweetened soy milk - really fills me up and gets me through mornings and afternoons. With the protein powder I have (reflex) that is about 100 calories.

Also, I make protein balls to snack on in mornings and afternoons:
    85g whites jumbo oat flakes
    2tbs peanut butter
    1 banana
    25g protein powder
    1 tsp vanilla
    25g ground flaxseed

Mix together well, refrigerate, then roll into balls (if you get 16 out of it, they are 56 calories each).
  • seahorsewahine
    seahorsewahine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I based the recipe on this http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/baked-oatmeal-snack-bars
    Hi!

I am testing out a new breakfast... My old one used to be crustless spinach quiche which always did the trick in keeping me full...with protein and not carbs!

New breakfast to mix it up a bit - is steel cut oat breakfast bars that I make from scratch.

steel cut oats
    wheat germ
    walnuts
    craisins
    peanut butter
    1 egg
    applesauce (to moisten)

I bake them and cut them into 9 pieces (9x9 pan) I have added them under "Generic-Stell cut oat bars"

Yummy and filling. And steel cut oats are much lower on the glycemic index than other oatmeal.

These sound super yum! What measurements of each ingredient do you use?
  • seahorsewahine
    seahorsewahine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OOOO! I will have to try these :)

When I am still a bit hungry mid morning or mid afternoon I have a protein shake - 25g protein powder and 200ml unsweetened soy milk - really fills me up and gets me through mornings and afternoons. With the protein powder I have (reflex) that is about 100 calories.

Also, I make protein balls to snack on in mornings and afternoons:
    85g whites jumbo oat flakes
    2tbs peanut butter
    1 banana
    25g protein powder
    1 tsp vanilla
    25g ground flaxseed

Mix together well, refrigerate, then roll into balls (if you get 16 out of it, they are 56 calories each).
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Anything high in protein or fiber. I keep all bran bars in my purse, 4 g of fiber per serving. I also boil eggs and keep them in the fridge for a quick protein boost.