Those damn resolutioners

Replies

• StuffyStuff
    StuffyStuff Posts: 16 Member
    Yes EYE CANDY..does make the wait worth it.!!!:happy: :love:
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Hey! I'm kind of a "resolutioner." I knew I wanted to adopt a healthier lifestyle prior to the new year, but wanted to give myself a little bit of time to warm up to the idea & really commit - & get all of my favorite things out of my system for a little while (hence, my "last meal" @ Olive Garden - yum!!!) I haven't joined a gym just yet, as I've been outside running & trying fitness games for the Wii and 30DS, but I'm here to stay - so get used to me!!! ;)
  • karenann1989
    karenann1989 Posts: 63 Member
    I started taking a variety of classes at 5:00 am back in November. There were only about 10 of us there and it was GREAT ~ after the new year that number doubled, it has already started to slim down again. I am hoping by April the instructor has a bigger area.....
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    They're all gone from mine for the most part.
    The one's who have stuck it out however leaving freaking 150 million pounds on a free weight bar than leave it in the middle of the free weight area and never put it away. WHO THE HELL do they expect to do that????? I didn't know who did it so I just complained really loud about it and continued with my little 10 pound weights.
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    It bites being ahead of the game. I started my gym in Nov and Dev. I loved going and classes were always open. Since Jan, I can barely get into any classes and the machines are in use all the time. It is cool they increase membership and more people are getting fit, but if they are selling classes, then they should increase the number of classes if membership increases a lot. If it doesn't get better by March, I'll likely stop my membership since I joined mainly for the classes and will just stick to my home elliptical and kinect/wii.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Hey wait... weren't we all "resolutioners" in the beginning?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Hey wait... weren't we all "resolutioners" in the beginning?

Yeah, but I ignored my resolutions until April.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    I hate the newbies that come in and sit on a machine until their done. Get up and let other people work in!!

>someone on the flat bench just sitting
    >I walk up to him
    >"hey i'm going to work in with you."
    >He just stammers saying ok and stands up.
    >I do a set and step away saying
    >"ok your turn, go."

Its that easy
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    I would think you guys, of all people, would be welcoming and supportive.

:noway:

Signed: A "resolutioner" who ain't goin' nowhere. :wink:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    I'm a resolutioner.

Again.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Well if you're dressing like your profile pic at the gym, no wonder! ;) The resolutioners are still at my gym too and i second the '*kitten*' quote. lol. I normally give them until March or so. Don't worry! They'll drop off eventually
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Don't get your feelings hurt people - read OP's post again and note the sarcasm and humor. :-P
  • addisondisease2

"welcome to the gym, we support your decision to get fit, and live healthy. We are always here to answer questions, and even motivate you a little...wipe down the machines or we'll cut your throat."
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member

"welcome to the gym, we support your decision to get fit, and live healthy. We are always here to answer questions, and even motivate you a little...wipe down the machines or we'll cut your throat."
    I do wipe down the machines and anyone with common sense would without having it spelled out to them.

That being said, the gyms should definitely educate its new members. So...complain to your gym, and be pissed at stupid people..not just "resolutioners."

Might want to lay off the steroids btw. Your rage is showing. :laugh:
  • addisondisease2
    I do wipe down the machines and anyone with common sense would without having it spelled out to them.

That being said, the gyms should definitely educate its new members. So...complain to your gym, and be pissed at stupid people..not just "resolutioners."

Might want to lay off the steroids btw. Your rage is showing. :laugh:

You may want to do some more research before you start opening your mouth about how little you know about steroids.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    I waited three weeks into January for this reason. But the gym seems to only be getting busier and busier on Mon and Wed. :grumble:
  • lol I am a resolutioner...I wont lie, I did drop my Saturday AM ZUmba class: I did not like the instructor she made me feel like a idiot becuse i was having trouble keeping up, that and the class is too big, you cant even move without bumping into someone. Ill stick with my monday and Wendsday class and jillian michaels DVDs at home the rest of the time.
  • Once the warmer months come along. they will be gone!
  • Haha! This post made me laugh. Thank you so much. :drinker:
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    *looks up a few posts*

*sniff sniff*

I smell a troll.
    I agree with OP. Gym etiquette! For the love of all that is sanitary and timely.
    Or, do what I do, put on your running shoes, pound out 5 miles, come inside and do a round of P90X, Jillian Michaels, Insanity or TaeBo (at least until you learn your manners)