I know its been done before but WHO DOESNT EAT THEIR EXERCIS

Options
Hi I wonder what the weight loss over 4 months is with people who DO eat their exercise calories and people who DONT

????

Replies

• AMBERE26
    AMBERE26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I DO NOT... IF I DID I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A FEAST FOR DINNER....
    BECAUSE I EXERCISE RIGHT BEFORE DINNER..
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I don't. Doctor said no! (She's specialized in weight loss, BTW) Plus experience says I'll gain if I even dare to try.
  • jennyferann
    jennyferann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I dont. Some day if its a special occasion I may use them but up to now I never have.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I try to eat half of my exercise calories everyday. Somedays I don't and other times I eat them all back. I have lost 40 pounds since Nov 1st! :drinker:
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't. Doctor said no! (She's specialized in weight loss, BTW) Plus experience says I'll gain if I even dare to try.
    Just curious....how many exercise calories do you typically burn in one day? And what is your calorie deficit that is set by MFP?
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I think we all have a tendency to overestimate cals burned and underestimate cals eaten. So I try to only eat about half my exercise cals back. Seems to be working so far.

To the OP. Your question seems to assume there will be a pattern to it, but there probably won't. Weight loss is a very individual journey and what works for one person may hinder another. Just maintain a calorie deficit and keep revising it based on your weekly weigh ins. If two weeks go by and you don't lose drop it, if two weeks go by and you lose 10lbs, then eat a bit more. It's a moving target.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I eat some of them back, sometimes all. I'm figure I'm dropping an extra pound per week this way. So, losing 2.6lbs per week vs. 1.5lbs. I don't think I'm putting myself in any trouble with this approach. But I am paying attention to my energy level, workout recovery and appetite and will adjust accordingly.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't and won't until I hit a plateau and I have a good idea of what that weight is.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them back. I try to stick to a 1200 day calories whether I exercise or not, some days that goes up to 1400. I've lost 23 pounds since Nov. 14th.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't....heck, I work hard to get those off!!!!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I eat some. Just to give me some space if I need them.

My net is 1200 and I burn between 200-500 a day.

I also think exercise cals are overestimated and food cals underestimated so I don't eat them all, ever.

I was losing 2-3lbs a week until I started 30DS and now I seem to have hit a plateau so not sure what to change to get back on track.
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I tend to workout at night, so it just depends if I'm still hungry. I think it's nice to see a larger deficit :), but if I'm hungry, I will have some. And this is important for me, bc hunger will wake me up (I hate that!) so I have to make sure I'm not hungry (don't have to be overly full) to sleep through the night. I got up at 1am last night actually, had a couple saltines. worked like a charm.
  • Sagruf
    Sagruf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I dont normally, but sometimes i eat some back.

Feb14th having a meal with the girlfriend.. so i'll be eating ALL mine back that day :happy: :laugh:
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I've lost 17 pounds since the first of January. I eat my exercise calories back. Some days I go over (even past what my exercise calories give me) so there are other days where I don't eat them back... But it all averages around to me eating the value of my exercise calories. I figure I'll continue doing this until I hit a plateau. I only have my MFP set to lose one pound a week. I've lost much more than that. I'm not sure why that is, but at this point I don't see much to be gained from creating an even bigger calorie deficit by not eating back my exercise calories.

That said, I'm curious to hear from people that don't eat them back. It's so fascinating to see how different we all are. :)
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    I do NOT eat my exercise calories and I have lost almost 15 lbs in 6 weeks
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I don't!!!

For 6 months I've been at 1200 calories and rarely eaten any back (ok maybe 50-100 here and there or if I have an event or something) and I burn between 300-700 a day either doing a cardio class or a run!

I've just started upping my calories to 1300 then 1400 now,as I'm coming close to the end of my weight loss and don't want to have to start eating double once ihit maintenance.

But it's worked for me, I've never really gained, lost every week and certainly not starving! Food diary is open if you need ideas!
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I do!

Over the week I eat the majority of mine back. I like my food :)

Also, I haven't needed an enormous deficit to lose the amount of weight that I need to!

Slow and steady :)
  • kiki41
    kiki41 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually do not eat them back, but I have eaten about half back occasionally .
  • Destinie589
    Options
    I dont eat my workout calories back and I lost the bulk of my weight in about 3 months. That was about 45 pounds. I started to eat them back and I stalled and even gained. I have gone back to not eating them back and have already lost 14 pounds in about a month and a half. But I think a lot of it boils down to what you eat. I try to pick fruit and veggies over junk food like protein bars and special k bars and things like that. And I started watching fiber and water in take.
  • hollyjo21
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories most of the time but generally always have at least 100 calorie deficit. I have lost 12 lbs so far since starting 5 weeks ago. My calories are set at 1200 but that always leaves me hungry, so I simply work out enough that I can eat some back and still have some to bank. I generally burn 300- 600 calories a day through exercise, and eat on average 1400-1600 a day. Just depends on the day and how hungry I am and how much energy I have.

Everyone is so different you just have to play with it and see what works for you! :)