I know its been done before but WHO DOESNT EAT THEIR EXERCIS

Options

Replies

• sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't......I always have a cheat meal on Tuesday nights after weigh-in. I have lost a steady 3 pounds a week this way.

15112172.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    How do you guys eat only 1200 calories? My limit is about 1700, which is woking for me. I am a newbie here so have enjoyed reading everyones posts! oh and I don't eat my exercise calories back either.

If one is eating healthy foods-1200 is a lot of calories. Its a struggle for me and I am never go hungry since I eat high fiber and protein. Do Not and Will Not eat exercised calories back. I have my stats checked regularly and I am losing BF not lean mass.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I don't...
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    In my first 6 months of eating my exercise calories back I lost 60 lbs. and went from couch potato to finishing my first 1/2 Ironman.
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for about 7 months now and I have lost 44 pounds total. I eat some but NOT ALL of my exercise points back. I find it motivating to be able to eat more if I exercise but I usually don't eat all of the calories back.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I do NOT eat my exercise calories and I have lost almost 15 lbs in 6 weeks
    Do you know how much of that is fat? Loss of pounds could also be a higher percentage of lean muscle, which isn't what you should be shooting for.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    You need a gold star. One of the best posters on here. Keep it up.
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I exercise 7 days a week and most of those days twice per day. I never eat back my calories. 199 pounds lost so far.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I always eat them. No ifs, no buts.
    I have zero issues manipulating my bodyweight.

The average american BMR is something like 2000-2100 cal's.

So unless you weight some miniscule like 100lbs then 1200 NET is certainly too low. 1500 is what i would consider the lowest one needs to ever go.

I'm around 190lbs and my maintence is close to 2800 cals.
    Maintenance. And yes, i lose weight if i drop it back 2200-2400 cals no trouble at all.
  • DoBetterDrea
    DoBetterDrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't...isn't the key to weight loss to burn more calories than you eat? If you eat all your exercise calories, won't you maintain rather than lose...?
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What are exercise calories?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I dont really even look at them I just eat when Im hungry and stick to my every other day workout...I try not to go over 1500 cals regardless of how my day is some days are more active than others but I dont log it as a workout or a change in my lifestyle...main thing for me was I needed to measure stuff...Ive lost a lot of weight in the past yrs with MFP BUT recently shed close to 20lbs since Jan 13...
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1/2 of them back. It has worked for me.
  • BecHahns
    Options
    depends how hungry I am really! sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I don't...isn't the key to weight loss to burn more calories than you eat? If you eat all your exercise calories, won't you maintain rather than lose...?

Yes, but the defecit is figured into your recommended calories already. Exercising and burning more INCREASES the defecit, sometimes to dangerous levels, which is why you need to eat them - to keep the SAME defecit you've been given by MFP.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I don't

1500/ cals day

run 4.5mi 4x week (burn about 830kcals per run)

down 32lbs since join

(sometimes I go a 100 or 200 over for evening snack.)
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It depends on the workout, but generally yes, I do, I'm already in a deficit, I don't want a 500/750 calorie deficit everyday, I'd lose lean mass, kind of goes against the purpose of being fit... yes, lets lose weight faster but end up weaker.... joy. :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Hi I wonder what the weight loss over 4 months is with people who DO eat their exercise calories and people who DONT

????

I do not. I've talked to enough people that have MBA's or PH D's in nutrition related fields and train athletes for living that disagree with that. Education + Experience + Results = I Listen. Plus my nutritionist laughed at me when I asked him. LOL

Edit: OH yeah... before somebody says you'll lose lean mass, blah blah blah blah... not losing anything. In the last month I've hit Weight and Rep PR's for various lifts.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi I wonder what the weight loss over 4 months is with people who DO eat their exercise calories and people who DONT

????
    I did it both ways; NOT eating back exercise calories cut into my lean body mass big time, and I gained the weight back.

Eating back those calories and maintaining a smaller deficit allowed me steadfast fat loss that brought me all the way to my goals and now beyond.

It's a no brainer.
    If you are using MFP, EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES

If you do not, your deficit is too large, and your results could stifle.

Exactly. My body composition has changed dramatically by decreasing the deficit. Do you care more about quick weight loss, even if it is muscle? All that does is create skinnyfat and a end result that could have been better.
    Mere weight loss is not enough; optimal health and peak fitness is my ultimate goal.

That does not happen crash dieting.
  • candyastra
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If I'm hungry, I eat. I want this to be long term. I want to maintain a healthy lifestle and not limit anything. I feel this is the only way to be successful, and it's working for me (the only thing working so far). I was 325 lb then sloooooowly lost 25 lb over a year. I joined mfp when I was 300 lb, now I'm 250. I've lost 50lb in almost 4 months. I feel better inside as well. I limit greasy, sugary, high fat foods, but not ban them all together. I believe in "everything in moderation". So if you feel like you need a little something to eat, go ahead, eat those exercise calories, but if you feel too full to eat, listen to your body!
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I burn at most 350 calories a day (when I exercise) and less on the two days I don't exercise. I stay at my 1200 limit everyday except I will eat back some calories once in a while but it is only when I really have a craving. Like tonight, I had earn 330 calories so I used a few to have a cup of strawberries :) It was a healthy 84 calories of exercise used