I don't make friends easily...

Options
I have never made friends easily. since i was a child i have been a loner. I've had friends in my life, but it was fleeting and for the most part they were not nice people. I don't currently have any real life friends. my husband has friends in our neighborhood, and their wives are very nice people that i get along with, but we're not what i would call friends.

i think my problem is that i'm not that girly. i don't like talking on the phone for hours, i don't even have a cell phone to text on. i don't like shopping, i hate shoes. the wives of my husbands friends all like to shop and gossip, and that's just not for me.

i tend to be sarcastic. i don't share my feelings easily.

i do listen well. i have great advice if needed, or i just have an ear if someone needs to talk. i do my best to be a good friend when i have the opportunity..

i want to have friends. i want to be useful in the world.. i don't mean to scare people off, i just want to be honest.

if i haven't scared you off, please feel free to add me, i'll do my best to be helpful.

thank yo u
et

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I added you. I do my best to be positive and supportive, but I am often written off as surly and mean. I'm not exactly sunshine and buttercups, but I am here.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I added you. I do my best to be positive and supportive, but I am often written off as surly and mean. I'm not exactly sunshine and buttercups, but I am here.

i like surly and mean... :)

thank you for adding me...
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Well, as long as you're not going to be abusive, I'll add you!

I'm not girly either. I'm a scientist, in a field that's mostly men. I don't do phones. I don't do other females, they tend to piss me off. I can be a good online buddy to anyone who isn't directly nasty to me and those I care about.

Let's do this together!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I've been the same my entire life. My big problem has been lack of self confidence. I mean why would anyone like me if I don't even really feel like I'm worthy of it. When I have had some good friends I've spoilt it by not keeping in touch, well people have their own lives I don't want to intrude and spoilt their plans (self confidence again there I think).

I also don't have any real life friends that I would actually call friends. I have people I get on with at work etc but not a social group
  • clydethecat
    Options
    Well, as long as you're not going to be abusive, I'll add you!

I'm not girly either. I'm a scientist, in a field that's mostly men. I don't do phones. I don't do other females, they tend to piss me off. I can be a good online buddy to anyone who isn't directly nasty to me and those I care about.

Let's do this together!

thank you so much for adding me.. i'm not abusive at all... i promise :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I can somewhat relate. I'm not a 'people person' at all! Sometimes people just flat out annoy me. I've learned that I need a LOT of alone time to fortify myself for socializing. That's why I love the internet! I can shut it down and walk away whenever I want to. In real life I'm very quiet, and have often been accused of being aloof and stuck up when in reality I'm just shy and not happy in the spotlight. I have lots of friends who live in my computer, though :drinker:
  • clydethecat
    Options
    I know the feeling. I've been the same my entire life. My big problem has been lack of self confidence. I mean why would anyone like me if I don't even really feel like I'm worthy of it. When I have had some good friends I've spoilt it by not keeping in touch, well people have their own lives I don't want to intrude and spoilt their plans (self confidence again there I think).

I also don't have any real life friends that I would actually call friends. I have people I get on with at work etc but not a social group

thats me in a nut shell... i'm glad to meet like minded people... thank you for your message :)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I think we'll get along fine! ;)
  • clydethecat
    Options
    I can somewhat relate. I'm not a 'people person' at all! Sometimes people just flat out annoy me. I've learned that I need a LOT of alone time to fortify myself for socializing. That's why I love the internet! I can shut it down and walk away whenever I want to. In real life I'm very quiet, and have often been accused of being aloof and stuck up when in reality I'm just shy and not happy in the spotlight. I have lots of friends who live in my computer, though :drinker:

yes, the internet is awesome for people like us.. its a closeness i can feel ok about.. real life i'm jsut too awkward :)

thank you for your post :)
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    another introvert here, feel free to add me. :) i could have written your post myself - sans the spouse, i'm too prickly for that, even. the nice thing about the internet is that it's easier to find people with similar interests and share the thoughts in our heads without the excruciating embarrassment!
  • clydethecat
    Options
    another introvert here, feel free to add me. :) i could have written your post myself - sans the spouse, i'm too prickly for that, even. the nice thing about the internet is that it's easier to find people with similar interests and share the thoughts in our heads without the excruciating embarrassment!

thank you for your post.. i really appreciate this site because there are so many different type, nice to see so many like me :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I'm bubbly and outgoing, and will draw you out of your shell. I'm also super supportive, and I give back as much as I get or more. I like surly, mean, introverted people. Just ask my husband. Or my pregnant best friend ;)
  • clydethecat
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I'm bubbly and outgoing, and will draw you out of your shell. I'm also super supportive, and I give back as much as I get or more. I like surly, mean, introverted people. Just ask my husband. Or my pregnant best friend ;)

thank you so much for your message.. i need more out going people in my life :)
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    I'm sorry but I don't remember changing my user name. Who hacked my account? LOL This whole post could have been written by me as well as all of the responses.

I don't have very many real-life friends either and I honestly don't feel like I have any real on-line friends either. I post on a lot of forums and I can say that if I stop posting, if anybody notices, they don't say. I did an experiment once. I logged in anonymously for a month so no one knew I was on-line just to see if anybody missed me. They didn't and got mad when I was upset about it. I quite posting there.

The few friends I do have are good ones. My best friend from high school and currently the admin at my job. My best friend called the sheriff once because she couldn't get a hold of me. I don't know how close Jayfish and I would be if one of us were to stop working here but for now, she is my friend.

I'll add you and hopefully we can chat some.
  • clydethecat
    Options
    I'm sorry but I don't remember changing my user name. Who hacked my account? LOL This whole post could have been written by me as well as all of the responses.

I don't have very many real-life friends either and I honestly don't feel like I have any real on-line friends either. I post on a lot of forums and I can say that if I stop posting, if anybody notices, they don't say. I did an experiment once. I logged in anonymously for a month so no one knew I was on-line just to see if anybody missed me. They didn't and got mad when I was upset about it. I quite posting there.

The few friends I do have are good ones. My best friend from high school and currently the admin at my job. My best friend called the sheriff once because she couldn't get a hold of me. I don't know how close Jayfish and I would be if one of us were to stop working here but for now, she is my friend.

I'll add you and hopefully we can chat some.

thank you so much for you message, i'm so overwhelmed by how nice everyone is being.. i had a lot of anxiety about posting this by i'm so happy i did... i will be a good friend.. i'm on here a lot... so feel free to talk to me any time :)
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't have many friends either so feel free to add me! I'm just super shy haha!
  • Woz76
    Woz76 Posts: 4
    Options
    My wife calls me a grumpy s**t. However, I'm not quite that bad!

Please feel free to add me if you want to.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Wow, I could have written most of what you did for myself. I too, loathe shopping in general. I get what I need or want and get out. I'd much prefer to be spending my time outdoors hiking or camping, taking pictures. I hate talking on the phone, always have but I do text a lot. When it comes to conversation, I would rather not participate in chit chat or gossip. I like to have a point to the conversation and when it's done, it's done.

No worries, I don't have any either. I did have a few in Georgia but then I moved halfway across the country and have none.
    I do have my family and there's not tons of time to spend with friends at this time in my life so I'm sometimes glad I don't really have any. I too think it's my blatant honesty that rubs people the wrong way but I'm not changing that.

You're obviously not alone in the no friend category so you can smile about that at least.
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    just sent you a friends request
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I guess I can relate since I'm pretty much the same, but I'm a guy. Don't know if that disqualifies me -_-