What are some of your healthy staple foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt, avocado, almonds, olive oil, fish, and plenty of fresh fruits and veggies.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, granola, peanut butter, eggs, hummus, brown rice, milk, oatmeal, and lots and lots of fresh veggies. romaine, carrots, celery, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli are the must haves, others if they are on sale or needed for a recipe :)
  • MABoxall
    MABoxall Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keep Tyson precooked chicken breast strips in the freezer. Throw them in a soup or on a salad to increase your protein to stay full longer. I put a handful in a baggie and put in the work fridge. They are defrosted when it's time to eat or heat up.

Also wheat thins. When you want that salty snack (chips, not chocolate, are my downfall!) you can count out the right amount to keep your calories in check.
  • MABoxall
    MABoxall Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh, one more.....cuties. The clementines are just the right size for a quick snack. Easy to peel and can travel in your purse when you think you will be away from your regular snacks. I split a bag between a bowl on my desk, and at home for me and my daughter.
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, spinach, eggs, plain yogurt, tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, carrots, hummus, sweet potatoes..

these are pretty much the main things i eat every week, especially the eggs. i eat 2-3 dozen of those suckers a week. and sweet potatoes have been working fairly well for my sweet tooth. i bake i, split it open and add in a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, a little plain yogurt and a little brown sugar.

That sounds freakin delicious!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt, egg beaters, pre-cooked packets of tuna or salmon, berries, and oatmeal.
  • naffito
    naffito Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh, one more.....cuties. The clementines are just the right size for a quick snack. Easy to peel and can travel in your purse when you think you will be away from your regular snacks. I split a bag between a bowl on my desk, and at home for me and my daughter.

oh i love clemantines! new staple snack for me good suggestion!