Who does #2 work for?

Options

Replies

• capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The nutritionist on "You Are What You Eat" said that if you are sitting on the toilet and you can pull your knees up to your chest, your body wold say (her words) "uh oh! Time to eliminate!" Lol. Don't know if it has any bearing, but who knows.

But what I DO know, is running always helped me! Or doing crunches or sit ups!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Lots of fiber and fluids. And get your *kitten* movin. That's about all there is to it.
  • Pinwarp
    Pinwarp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For me, I eat a cup of All Bran Buds and a single serving Greek Yogurt every morning. I walk often, and drink lots of water. Seems to work fine! I had major problems before starting to do this.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    FLAX SEED! They call this a minute muffin for more than one reason!

Net Carbs:3.5 Fiber:9.5 Protein:12 Fat:17.5 Calories:238

Ingredients
    1/4 Cup flaxseed meal
    1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 granular sugar substitute (sucralose)
    1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 large egg, beaten
    1 Teaspoon butter (or canola oil)

Directions

1.Mix the flax meal, baking powder, sugar substitute and cinnamon in a coffee mug or single-serving soufflé dish.
    2.Add the egg and butter (or oil). Mix with dry ingredients.
    3.Microwave 1 minute or more, until firm
    4.Turn out and serve with butter or cream cheese. Or toast before applying spread.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to read it ALL
    But usually a coffee makes me go instantly :p now.. nothing! dr even said cut caffeine down (wasn't much to begin with) I drink plenty of water, get plenty of fiber.. now taking movicol (bulker) stimulant laxitives can help, but I don't want to take those anymore, they aren't good long term..

It is currently ruining my life... (not completely but VERY annoying and uncomfortable) If I don't feel better by the end of this week I will be back at Doc's!!

Just bought a new "fibre cleansing muesli" hope it helps!!
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I do regular exercise - so theoretically I shouldn't be backed up...
  • Kori18
    Kori18 Posts: 48
    Options
    POPCORN!

Or if you are like me ice cream (can't digest milk well)
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    Gonna be different and Say up your water intake. Higher fibre diet also means that you need more water to help move it all through. :)

This^^ If you dont have enough water, you could be dehydrating and that really causes you to stop up.
  • lolaleelolo
    lolaleelolo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lots of great advice on here, I am going to echo some of the previous posters' suggestions.

Keep up the water and add some benefiber. Make sure you are taking enough!!! It will most certainly do the trick.

Also, another vote for the flaxmeal muffin in a minute. Convenient snack and just two should help get stuff moving. Some people like unground flax in their yogurts, salads, etc...just another way to add some fiber.

Good luck!!
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yogurt for probiotics, high fiber foods or a supplement for fiber, smooth move tea, running/swimming/yoga/anything that gets your outsides moving will help your insides move too, water. Hope you find a solution that's right for you!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee and exercise.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Metamucil every day. This should help.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I might have to see if Fiber makes me more regular, I sometimes go 48-72 hrs between movements.
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not the only one with this issure, and, I'm sure others have had this issue as well.

With my change in caloric intake and eating fewer processed foods, I have, well, stopped being regular. To put it more bluntly, I can barely ever do a #2. It's almost like I barely go over a 6-10 day period and then have a violent episode.

I used to be super regular. When I ate, I was ready to go 15 minutes later.. It was simple. Now, not so much. The worst part is, I feel like I need to go. Not ALL the time, but, like right now, when I woke up. I'll sit down, and, it's either bumpkiss or very little.

What to do? Anyone hit this wall and find a solution? I drink plenty of water, veggies, fruit... In fact, more over everything I should before I had this problem...
    If you suddenly changed to less calories and your fiber increased quickley this is a common problem. You can kinda shock your system. Remember your body is absorbing more nutrients because you are not eating a bunch of crap anymore, so less waste is being produced. Try abdominal massage by a licensed therapist or look up how to do it on yourself online.
  • HeaderAutumn
    Options
    And this might seem like an odd suggestion but at least once a day have a larger meal. Like you can have a lot of melon for the same calories as a banana. It sounds funny but this larger meal physically pushes out previous foods so its not just sitting around in your colon and stuff.
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    Oh! Something I forgot to mention earlier -- when eating a lot of bulky, fibrous foods I can sometimes have real issues with gas... more so than other people, even. I've started taking 1g of encapsulated ginger twice daily and found it really helped my digestion / relieved my gas.
  • HeaderAutumn
    Options
    You need Phazyme or Gas X. Just dont be around other people for a good 15 minutes...
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    You need Phazyme or Gas X. Just dont be around other people for a good 15 minutes...

If ginger didn't help I'd try it, but as it is I'm reluctant to spend 5-15x the money on something chemical when a natural herb works just as well. :)
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    thanks for weighing in folks. I talked to my Dr. and she basically said that I needed to get a good BM or come in the next day. So, she told me to go get a bottle of Magnesium Citrate (I do not recommend anyone go out and just buy a bottle). For those who don't know what it is, it's essentially what they give you pre-op to clean you out... And, it worked... I did my dose at 230p Wed, and, by 430, I was on my way. I didn't go yesterday, but, today, I'm back on track.

I had gone 6 days without a go, so, the Dr. said I could give it a go or else something more extreme would need to be done. I was pretty much trapped from 430 to 1230. Hopefully this'll never get this bad again, but, it should be okay... Btw, if I wasn't properly hydrated when I took the stuff, it would have made me sick, so, I know that's not the issue...

Thanks again everyone!
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Glad it worked for you. Going forward use the suggestions given to make sure you're regular so you don't have to take that stuff again...I've noticed since I've been taking Omega 3 supplements I have been super regular.