Who does #2 work for?

Options
1235»

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    LOL! I love the title of your thread.

But seriously... drink tons of water and maybe bump up your fiber intake.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Fiber!! fiber one bars, brownies and ceral are good. I use ground flax seed to help w/my female problems but its good for tons of issues! I did notice that it made me very regular!!! Its good for your heart too :)
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Everyone has good suggestions and after your update it sounds like adding more fat back into your diet may be the solution for you.

BUT if after ALL of that you are still having problems you might want to try the herb Cascara Sagrada. I buy it in Walmart from the vitamin section but haven't found it anywhere else where I live. But its not something to use on a regular basis. It will help get things moving again though and its a lot easier on your body than other types of laxatives. My rule is, if its been 3 days I will use it to help out.

According to Wikipedia: The dried, aged bark of this tree has been used continually for at least 1,000 years by both native and immigrant Americans as a laxative natural medicine, commercially called "Cascara Sagrada" and also known as "chitticum bark". The laxative action is due to the Cascara glycosides (cascarosides A,B,C & D).
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Also a mixture of Epson Salt and water works. Although you won't be able to leave the bathroom for hours. And I mean works in minutes so you better be home when you take it.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    So I swapped out my morning cereal with a high fiber cereal, and looking back at my normal daily meals, I was getting next to no fiber. I figure now I'm still only getting about 30% of my daily recommended fiber, but I'm back to "Regular" daily for the third day in a row. Give it a try.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I had this problem some months ago, despite drinking coffee daily, lots of water, veggies, fruits, and daily exercise.

Have you started taking any supplements recently? I was taking African Mango and when I stopped taking it (since it wasn't helping curb my appetite anyway), things got moving again.

Also, someone suggested I eat more animal fat, which I did and that worked too.

I also eat shiratake noodles almost everyday and they keep me very regular.

When all else fails, I eat two Fiber One bars or Kelloggs Fiber Plus Antioxidants bars right after dinner. Works by morning every single time!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee. Go for a run. Stand by.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Fiber for sure!

Have oatmeal for brekkie then go for a run
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had chronic constipation all through my childhood. Nothing would do the trick, and it was always 7-10 days between it all. It was hell. Figures that when it changed, I developed ulcurative colitis, which got me going 10+ times a day and put me in the hospital, haha. Now that I'm in remission for the time being, I'm back to the constipation. Doctors don't know what to do (eat a ton of fibre, water, milk of magnesia and they keep saying "at least it's better than what you were at. Some days I disagree. Good luck!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well... I take OxyPro Elita and it's a diuretic... As long as you're drinking plenty of water I'm sure it will help Mr 2 along. ahem.