Clean Eating...

Options
I have unconsciously been eating 'cleanly' since I really started to get serious about logging my food about a month ago. I quickly realized that I could eat much more if I ate healthy - lean meats, vegies, fruits, very very little processed food, etc.

I decided that if it's in a box and has preservatives in it, I will do my very best not to consume it. I cannot even begin to explain how much better I feel. I have incredible amounts of energy. My days are long (4am-10pm) and before I was exhausted and sneaking in cat naps when and where ever possible. Now I go non-stop until 10pm.

For those of you contemplating it... do it. My grandmother eats very healthy and she once told me that if she knew her great great grandmother wouldn't recognize it, then she doesn't eat it. She is 74 and looks incredible.

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I have unconsciously been eating 'cleanly' since I really started to get serious about logging my food about a month ago. I quickly realized that I could eat much more if I ate healthy - lean meats, vegies, fruits, very very little processed food, etc.

I decided that if it's in a box and has preservatives in it, I will do my very best not to consume it. I cannot even begin to explain how much better I feel. I have incredible amounts of energy. My days are long (4am-10pm) and before I was exhausted and sneaking in cat naps when and where ever possible. Now I go non-stop until 10pm.

For those of you contemplating it... do it. My grandmother eats very healthy and she once told me that if she knew her great great grandmother wouldn't recognize it, then she doesn't eat it. She is 74 and looks incredible.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    hey
    I have just started really focusing on clean eating also!
    I really like that saying "if your great great grandmother wouldn't recognize it..."
  • WendiL
    WendiL Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is encouraging. I tend to eat on the fly and I know that's no good because of all the additives. I've done fairly well since Tuesday.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,954 Member
    Options
    I've been sticking to clean eating for awhile now and I think the only thing my great grandmother wouldn't recognize is "Eggbeaters" I' having a tough time adding real eggs to my food because of the cholesterol
    I guess it's progress, not perfection. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I get more food per calorie, more energy , and a lot less sodium.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Me too. This old granny been eating clean now for a week and enjoying every moment of it. I have been listening to Barbiecat. she has it down pretty good.
    Caliecat:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I've been sticking to clean eating for awhile now and I think the only thing my great grandmother wouldn't recognize is "Eggbeaters" I' having a tough time adding real eggs to my food because of the cholesterol
    I guess it's progress, not perfection. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I get more food per calorie, more energy , and a lot less sodium.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Sodium is another problem I used to have. Looking back at my food diaries I was appalled to see that I often had 5,000 and sometimes over 6,000mg of sodium daily. Now, without ever trying I easily stay under 2000.
  • taveragirl
    Options
    I "1/2" clean eat...lol try my best to not lean toward the processed stuff but Im so busy I end up grabing a togo bowl of Healthy Request soup...I consider that processed. What do you eat? Do you make it more interesting than just the basics?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Off to the country at my daughter house for a Easter Dinner..
    Plan on a ood clean eating today. get back with you toniht.
    Calicat
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I "1/2" clean eat...lol try my best to not lean toward the processed stuff but Im so busy I end up grabing a togo bowl of Healthy Request soup...I consider that processed. What do you eat? Do you make it more interesting than just the basics?

the ww core added soup to their program As long as it was not creamy. You should be just fine. It does have a lot of sodium in it tho need to watch that.
    Caliecat.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had a very clean eating at the family gathering yesterday.
    Had a big veggies salad with lots of fresh veggies with apray ranch dressing. And fresh strawberries for dessert. Very satisfying Dinner.

Caliecat
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    another day of clean eating!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so good

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • lisavvip
    lisavvip Posts: 6
    Options
    I used to eat clean and took 6 months off from it. I'm back! After just a week of clean eating, my body is retaining less water & I've lost over an inch from my waist!

I forgot how GREAT I feel when I'm fuelling my body with great foods. I never feel hungry or deprived either.

Any tips for snacks on the go though? Raw seed/nut bars with no sugar? Things that won't go bad would be best...

Thanks!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    I'm back onto clean eating as well, and well, one thing is for sure , it works and makes you feel great !!!
    :happy:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    It is amazing! I have lost 3 pounds since I joined this site and was thrilled with how I was starting to look. After a weekend of Easter get togethers, I looked worse than before! But, I really think that had a lot to do with sodium! My Fiance doesn't understand how I can eat boiled chicken and brown rice, or toast with no butter, and I tell him how much BETTER my stomach feels. I have ALWAYS complained about being bloated, and I have found myself complaining a lot less since I am eating clean foods on a consistent basis. It's just great!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    AWMYLO

Clean eating is tge only way to go. Keep it up.

Isn't that a cute little Jack Russell. My Sammy is the apple of my eyes and he just love hot dogs.

Caliecat
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,954 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Last night Jake was reading a recipe to me that came home with him from a health screening appointment. He started by saying that it was 370 calories a serving and then read the ingredients which included brown sugar, corn meal, maple syrup, white flour, buttermilk, and turkey. Before I had a chance to respond, he had already decided that it was not a good choice with all the extra stuff because we could have a whole lot more food eating the way we do.

Our dinner last night was a big salad with a bunch of different veggies and spray dressing, half a sweet potato, fresh cauliflower and a 100 calorie serving of salmon----almost too much food for just over 400 calories.:bigsmile:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    AWMYLO

Clean eating is tge only way to go. Keep it up.

Isn't that a cute little Jack Russell. My Sammy is the apple of my eyes and he just love hot dogs.

Caliecat

YEP! That's my Lolo. (Her name is Lois). Love her to death! Your Sammy is a cutie too! :smooched:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Cute !!!! Now I need to figure out how to post a picture of Skittles.. my wild and crazy Rat Terrier !! :happy:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am curious about this clean eating thing. Could someone please tell me what you eat? I get veggies, meat, what about whole grains? Can you eat yogurt? I would love to try it out. I'm just confused about what is clean and whats not. Thanks, Cindy :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am curious about this clean eating thing. Could someone please tell me what you eat? I get veggies, meat, what about whole grains? Can you eat yogurt? I would love to try it out. I'm just confused about what is clean and whats not. Thanks, Cindy :heart:

:heart: Cindy Hi, My buddie. Clean eating is eating Veggies. lean meat, whole grains Some of the things you don't eat is processed food like white flour. lunch meat, etc. Must be fresh meat and lean, lots of veggies. fruits yogurt . which you are already eating a lot of .Brabiecat is really into and I have been listening to her. She has made a beliver out of me.So stay tuned.to this thread And ask as many questions as you want to.
    I have the book by Tosca Reno called The Eat Clean Diet I also has her cookbook. I have had it for about a year and just got started on it after hearing so much from Barbiecat. She is my idol.
    Your friend Caliecat:heart: