would it be crossing a line to...

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
give my neighbor some flowers?

we hear her through her walls and our own screaming and crying *extremely* loudly. it's happened on a few occassions over the course of about two years. she lives alone - young doctoral student. we *think* it must have to do with the stress of her program, but we're not sure. the first time we heard her, we thought someone she loved must have died, but then it happened again not long after.

i would like to leave a small boquet with a little note just telling her that i hope she has good days, but i don't know if that would be weird for her or not. we're not close - ocassionally housesit for each other and talk when we meet up on our driveway sometimes.

what say you?

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    hmmm this is difficult, because she might be embarrassed. She might also really appreciate it, thats a tough call
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Leave her a nice note and flowers, but don't say who it's from.

It'll brighten her day and let her know people notice her, and not make things weird between you.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    sounds like a can of worms I wouldn't want to open, unless you are willing and have the time to hear some sob story ( not serious)

( kind of serious )

she would probably like it very much, it would be a very nice gesture.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I think it would be awesome. Just look at it this way, how would you feel if someone gave you flowers just to brighten up your day? I know I'd love it!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    give my neighbor some flowers?

we hear her through her walls and our own screaming and crying *extremely* loudly. it's happened on a few occassions over the course of about two years. she lives alone - young doctoral student. we *think* it must have to do with the stress of her program, but we're not sure. the first time we heard her, we thought someone she loved must have died, but then it happened again not long after.

i would like to leave a small boquet with a little note just telling her that i hope she has good days, but i don't know if that would be weird for her or not. we're not close - ocassionally housesit for each other and talk when we meet up on our driveway sometimes.

what say you?
    Nice gestures are always a go so long as your motives are pure.
    Your situation is a perfect example.

Good Luck!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't see what harm it could do. :flowerforyou:
  • ineedhelp18
    ineedhelp18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i would do it
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Go for it, but I agree that it should be anonymous.
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What a lovely thing to think of.
    Pease do it.
    You have brightened my day just posting that.
    Thank you
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    It would be a very kind gesture, and she need not know why you are doing it.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    "Here are some flowers for you. I am always watching you"
    anonymous

Something like that?:wink:
  • Destinie589
    Options

It'll brighten her day and let her know people notice her, and not make things weird between you.

This!
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options

I agree 100% with this ^
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I think it's a nice gesture.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

This. If I were having rough times this would brighten my day. It would be very nice thing on your part to do! But agree~ not putting who it's from would save you both from awkwardness.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I know I'd appreciate it if someone did that for me.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sweet gesture. More people should be like you.
  • 2012Wendy
    Options
    "Here are some flowers for you. I am always watching you"

anonymous

Like that?:wink:

If I lived alone and got a note that someone was always watching me, I'd probably report it to the police! :laugh: Sorry, that would scare me a bit!
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a single doctoral student. If my neighbors got me "pity" flowers or "sorry you're so stressed" flowers, I would be offended. I chose this route for my life. If my neighbors got me "just because" flowers I would be delighted. And if I got anonymous flowers, it would frustrate me because I would wonder who in the world had sent them and I wouldn't be able to enjoy them. That being said, I say choose the second option. :)
  • ArwenP
    ArwenP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think Valentines day is for friends too; and if she watches your house for you when you're gone, she's a friend, even if you aren't really close. I don't see any harm in giving her some flowers and just saying you appreciate her being a great neighbor.