seriously? what is with....

wanting to weigh 125lbs?.....( I have read that number more than once today) is that like a Victoria Secret model number or something? Just wondering. Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood today.......

Rant over.......

Replies

• watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    wanting to weigh 125lbs?.....( I have read that number more than once today) is that like a Victoria Secret model number or something? Just wondering. Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood today.......

Rant over.......
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Well, for me is my "ideal" weight and it is attainable. Also weighing between 125-130 is where I feel most comfortable with. And I am not starving myself either...I can eat but I eat a lot of healthy foods. I love to exercise, that has never been a problem for me. VS models are not role models for me. Yeah, they look great, but they are also very young (I am 45) and most of them are genetically thin. My role models are women my age and older who live healthy lives, for example Tosca Reno, Dr. Pamela Peeke, etc. :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    5ft tall and 125 is where I am supposed to be ..BMI and according to my Doc ..however if I look good at 130-140-150 I dont think 125 will even come into play but its nice to have that goal for myself in case...
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    It's a number in my healthy weight range. I'm only five one. I prefer to be around 130 but like a bit of wiggle room in the summer to eat more if out on the weekemds. 125 seems to be the magic number for the summer but we'll see. It may be too difficult to maintain.
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    My goal is 140lbs, which is ten pounds less than the top end of my 'normal' weight scale of 111lbs - 150lbs. Maybe people have found a similar scale and are just picking somewhere midrange in it?
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member

Rant over.......

:laugh: I weigh a 112! guess i'm like nicole ritchie anorexic huh? and to think Vic secret models weigh in at 110 pounds or less! and are 4-6 inches taller then me! whoa skinny there, but the men eat em up.:huh:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    If it makes you feel any better, I think I will look damn good at 185. I am 5' 9" and have a fairly muscular build (or at least I did before adding all the fat). When I get there, I might decide to go lower, but, not much more.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member

Rant over.......

Maybe JJ will have a better race next week. :flowerforyou:

If I could weigh 125, I would have to be much shorter. Or look horrible. Or be 13 years old. I don't like any of those choices. 155-160 makes me happy at 5'9"
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Well I'm only 5 feet tall and 22 years old. I'm still young and very athletic. I just gained some weight during my 4 years in college and thought that it would be nice to get back to the weight on my driver's license. 125lbs is still technically overweight for my height!

180909.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    What? I'm 5'1 and the BMI tool on MFP says 133 is overweight ... I highly doubt it's going to say that 125 is overweight if I shrunk an inch.

There are these really crazy charts and such that suggest what your "ideal" weight for your height is ... the numbers I get from those are closer to 100 :grumble:.

Anyway, I'm aiming for 130 because where I've settled naturally after giving birth both times. Go figure, pregnancy didn't do it ... it was the birth control that followed, haha!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    I'm 5'4'' and 125 is about smack in the middle for a healthy BMI for my height (108-145). It's also what I weighed when I got married almost 14 years ago, and it was a healthy weight for me. Not super skinny, either. Pretty muscular and solid, actually.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    I want to weigh 150. I am on the mini goal right now to loose 40 at a time.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Well I'm 5'0. 125 is actually at the high end for me in terms of BMI (It's not overweight though, Delaina). I just assumed I'd be at my desired body fat at that weight, but it won't be the case, so I'm probably going to have to get down to something irritating like 120. I don't really care about BMI, because I'm 'overweight' right now at 129, and I'm certainly not overfat. I will never look like a VS model because I'm 5'0 and my boobs aren't big enough. :laugh:
  • watch48win
    If it makes you feel any better, I think I will look damn good at 185. I am 5' 9" and have a fairly muscular build (or at least I did before adding all the fat). When I get there, I might decide to go lower, but, not much more.

You go girl!
  • watch48win
    I must just be in a pissy mood. :laugh: Or have seen one too many Victoria Secret commecials today..... Maybe I'm feeling my age today ( and I'm not that old). Hope I didn't offend anyone!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    I will never look like a VS model because I'm 5'0 and my boobs aren't big enough. :laugh:

I wish I had that problem!...my boobs are big for my short stature and it makes me look even bigger than I am!...I hate it!
  • watch48win
    I want to weigh 150. I am on the mini goal right now to loose 40 at a time.

good for you!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    I must just be in a pissy mood. :laugh: Or have seen one too many Victoria Secret commecials today..... Maybe I'm feeling my age today ( and I'm not that old). Hope I didn't offend anyone!:flowerforyou: :heart:

Go on youtube and look for a Dove commercial :tongue:.
  • 125 is something I gave up with Jr High. Even if I didn't eat for the rest of the year I would not achieve that goal. :noway:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member

Hey I've felt exactly the same way. Four years ago I was 154 and I still scoff at VS models just as much now as I did then. They are there to be scoffed at, with their chicken cutlet boob supports and big pouty lips. :tongue: :laugh: