Thoughts about pasta!

Options
13»

Replies

• capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Pasta is awesome, if your'e anal about it whole wheat is better if not, just use portion control. i have pasta day every friday usually, yes I'm THAT cool.

2-11-12-1.jpg
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta almost daily, smaller portions now and I switched to whole grain wheat. I try and stay away from white sauces, and do more tomato based sauces. I have heard that low carb. diets is better. I just can't do, so I just try and keep it as healthy as possible :)
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i love pasta, now i just watch my portions.

the Ronzoni pasta portions, where one serving is in each pouch. they have really helped me. ive been alternating between the light Alfredo sauce and marina sauce, and pulling apart a rotisserie chicken and throwing that in.

ive also been working more whole wheat pasta into my diet as well. i just wish they would do pasta portions in whole wheat.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Put it in your mouth and eat it. That's my thought on pasta.
  • MIKE1SS
    Options
    I have smart taste pasta with a little organic butter it inst too bad feel free to check my diary for the meals

today me and my sons made meat sauce to surprise my wife for valentines day still kept it under but barely
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I love my pasta and it is def ok to eat once or twice a week using portion control of course! I have 2 recipies that you can try that are good and easy, since you said you are not a very expierenced cook. this one is simple and sooo good!

tried this last night and omg was it good!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Ragu light garlic alredo sauce
    2 oz Mini penne pasta (prepared according to package directions) you can use whole wheat if desired.
    1/2 cup yellow squash skin on (diced)
    3 whole Mushrooms (coarsly chopped)
    1/4 cup Diced onion
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    1 tsp land o lakes garlic butter
    1 tsp bacon pieces/crumbles (such as hormel) I use GFS brand.
    1/4 cup frozen peas
    1/4 water

I made this for me only and the above recipie is for 1 person but you can double or triple it easily for a family.

In a non stick skillet add olive oil, onions and butter sautee until onions are soft. Add remaining vegetables and continue to sautee until until squash begins to soften add water and allow the vegetables to simmer on med/low heat stiring often until all liquid is absorbed add bacon at this time and continue cooking on low until vegetables start to caramelize. Add alfredo sauce and stir to incooperate all the veggies and carmelized yumminess then toss with prepared penne pasta.

Good luck! :)
  • denisevr
    denisevr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dream fields pasta has low glycemic index
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation, just had that for lunch today......
  • barrysu
    barrysu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you reach your daily goal, you can eat what you'd like.
    That's why I love this site, it's like a game to me, a competitive game, and I like to win.
    For example last Sunday, I had two really nice fatty slices of pepperoni pizza for lunch...and added them here around 1:00. After seeing what they cost, I was at the gym at 2:00 and knew exactly what I needed to burn them off..and come weigh-in on Monday morning, I was fine.
    -Barry
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I eat it all the time but use whole wheat pasta.
    This DEGO will never go long without his pasta!:drinker:
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ronzini spaghetti is about 30 cals less per serving and has added fiber. 6954888.png

I love Ronzoni smart taste I think its called. Higher fiber, lower calorie, and great taste and feels like regular pasta when your eating it. It is the only pasta we use now.
  • thuitema84
    thuitema84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat pasta, but that was taken out gradually over years and without a lot of major thought. If a pasta dish is being served somewhere, I'll allow myself to try it, I just never have it in the house (feels like there isn't much offered except bloating afterwards). Like a lot of other "irrelevant foods", I use a healthy alternative instead.

Example: cut up zucchini like pasta and boil it for a couple minutes, then throw a homemade tomato sauce with cheese

Tastes great, you can eat more of it, and its fulfilling.