1200 cal a day people please answer this...

Options

Replies

• mom2jjl
    mom2jjl Posts: 48
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATER ;)
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day, however I burn approx 200-400 calories and I do not eat these calories back. So I am usually netting between 700-1000 calories per day. I have lost 9 kilograms (20 lbs) in 9 weeks!

xx
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 and I don't eat my exercise calories (most of the time, sometimes I go over 1200 when I exercise). I'm usually under 1200 but not purposely, I eat when I'm hungry, it just doesn't add up usually. I'm losing about a lb per week.
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    I eat some of them back. Not all though.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I can barely eat 1200 a day. I'm getting better but most days MFP still tells me I need to eat more.
  • lynnsf
    lynnsf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't always, but when I do I don't feel guilty about it.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat around 12-1600 calories a day and I never eat back my exercise calories if I can help it. In two weeks that I have been a member I have lost 14lbs. :tongue:
  • tekhipee
    tekhipee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can someone look at my Diary from 02/27/12 - 03/01/12.

I am on average consuming 1200-1300 calories a day with primarily healthy foods. Im confused but I understand the logic of fueling your body but I dont see myself eating much more. i do increase my intake after roller derby practice to fuel and replenish muscle strain.

Any advice/insight
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories. I eat 1200 calories or less a day . . you should do what feels comfortable for you though. Some people need to eat some of those calories back. . . . But, i personally dont, or i try not to. :happy:
  • amyjordan1997
    Options
    You should not go under 1200 calories a day if your a woman. If you eat 1200 calories and burn 300 that gives your body 900 calories for the day. If you eat under 1200 your body will go into starvation mode and you will not loose any weight. You will actually be hurting yourself. This is Jillian Michaels advice.
  • taylordnmn
    taylordnmn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That 1200 calorie a day formula, believe it or not, usually doesn't cut it for most active people. Logic seems to indicate the less you eat and the more you workout, the more calories you lose. Unfortunately, our bodies aren't built that way. We need calories to efficiently expend calories; and when we work our bodies without providing it the fuel it needs on a daily basis, the body, through centuries of evolution where food was scarce, will simply hold on to it. You may be losing weight now, but it won't stay off.
  • Barbara98
    Barbara98 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat my 1200 calories and I try to eat what i earn. Most of the time i meet my calorie goal 1200 plus the 300 i earn and sometimes i'm not able to eat all i earn because i don't feel hungry. I know with mryself if i'm hungry thats all i can think about is food. I've been doing this for 25 days and have lost almost 10lbs which i'm satisfied with. I think going under 1200 could be dangerous and not healthy. Look at it this way, if you eat you eat all your 1200 calories and you feel hungry still and you've earned calories to burn look at it as a bonus. Those bonuses are good expecially if you go out to dinner :smile:
  • sdminor11
    sdminor11 Posts: 12
    Options
    My goal is 1200 a day, usually if i skip a day exercising i eat about 1200 but when i do exercise my body obviously needs more energy so i eat a little bit more but i dont eat back all of them, just enough to make me not hungry, i usually end my day with 1350
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    wow 15lbs, that's pretty impressive!!
  • SparkleDoomPony
    SparkleDoomPony Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Vivaladziunia
    Options
    Jeeeeez I'm so confused!
    I've never heard of eating back calories.... To me I feel like if your going to burn off calories then go home and eat them back...how does the weight come off? It's like you went to the gym, slaved and then came home ate and its like as if you never went....
    I dont understand how this works and after reading a bunch of comments I see that its half half, some people eat them back some don't.....How do you know which is best for you?
    :) help? LOL.
  • gjpenning
    Options
    Difinitely eat back your exercise calories! Never ever go under 1200! A 150 pound woman needs 1300 calories just to sit on the couch and watch tv all day. Add daily activity and exercise and only eating 1200 calories and your body goes into starvation mode and your matabolism goes way down. Eat your exercise calories and you will be surprised, you will actually find it easier to lose.
    My one complaint about Myfitnesspal.. Everyone's daily calorie count is 1200...I actually lose best when eating 1500 per day.
    You can go into your settings and reset the daily calorie amount. I did!
  • Vivaladziunia
    Options
    Thats hard for me to do, because I go to the gym at 9:00 pm...for about an hour or two... I feel guilty eating that late. So if im eating 1200 calories a day...and I burn 600 a day...I should be eating 1800 a day before the gym?? Thats a lot I dont think I could even forcefully eat that much...I guess I'll have to give it a try! Thanks!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    123 lbs
    I net 1600
    and still lose.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    2300 cals eaten today. I'm heading to the gym now.....and I should burn around 500ish to leave me with a net of 1800. I try to net around 1800-2000ish a day. Food is not the enemy. It is the fuel.