Post about poop. Yep, poop.

Options
13»

Replies

• Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coffee drinker, but one cup and it cleans me right out!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Try eating raw for a week. If you can't do raw do vegetarian. Stay away from the meat and dairy. That should help get things moving then you can go back to eating healthy/normal
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like probiotics (GoodBelly is a dairy free option). I have to keep my fiber low because of IBD but I can tolerate that.
  • newlwinks
    newlwinks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Take a stool softener not worth it
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I had this too. I was drinking more water- TONS of fiber and still ... so I went to the laxatives but I don't want to live on laxatives. So I started to look at what's IN laxatives. ah- magnesium. I purchased a magnesium supplement and took it in the morning and before bed with a full glass of water and VOILA! it's magic!

now I only take it once a day, every morning with my fish oil and the regularity is back. IF I get sluggish, I'll take 2 a day. I never need more than 2 and never have to use laxatives or anything stronger.

I don't know if it will help you, but it works wonders for me
    hope this helps - good luck- I know how uncomfortable you feel
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Gotta love the interwebs!

http://www.springerlink.com/content/c512t043753x130l/

<snip>
    From 115 healthy adult males, 8,267 serial stool specimens were collected. The statistical variables of weight and consistency of stools, hours of interval between stools, daily frequency, and time of day of defecation are discussed.
    Some of the more pertinent findings are as follows:
    1. The average weight of stools of 115 individuals is 123.6 Gm., with a standard deviation of 40.2 and a standard error of 3.74.
    <snip>

That's about 0.27 pounds, with a standard deviation of 0.09 pounds.

:bigsmile:
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    So do you guys think that could be the reason for my extra 6lbs in two days? I've found that I'm weighing usually about 4-6lbs heavier than normal no matter what I do right now, and am wondering if this is the reason why.
    yes that could be the reason why you heavier. I too have weighed myself befor and after pooping. I eat alot of fibre, no less than 50g a day. The most my poop has ever weighed was 2kg. Lol