Replies

• MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Bacon is love.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm.....Baaaaaacoooooon.... Glad you went all out and did it right :)
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon every morning :D
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    Peanut butter, apple and BACON sandwich!!! Toasted! YuMMY
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I could never give up bacon and don't at all feel guilty when I have a piece ... or a few. I get the maple flavored from Whole Foods, I put it on a special bacon cooking thing on top of 2 pieces of paper towel, put 2 more pieces on top and pop it in the microwave for a couple minutes. Not only does it get deliciously crispy but all or pretty much all, of the fat is left on the paper towels and tossed in the trash.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Last November marked 20 years living in my current home. I've never, ever, had bacon in the house. (this actually came up in a conversation between my husband and daughter recently). I eat it occasionally when I'm out, but I absolutely hate the way the house smells after cooking bacon so never buy it to cook at home.

That's funny because when my husband comes home from work and I've cooked bacon for something, he always inhales deeply and says, "Now THAT is what the house is supposed to smell like when you walk in the door." :D He is even more enraptured if I have also baked our bread that day.

Mmm, fresh baked bread. One of my favorite smells.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I just ate 2 homemade brownies...

oh wait... talking about bacon.... :P
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    I just ate 2 homemade brownies...

oh wait... talking about bacon.... :P

Tee hee!! :laugh:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    and it was amazing. Thick-sliced, even. Total win.

One one?

you can do better..................

:wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh:
  • maryjay51
    Options
    mmmm yummy heart clogging fatty crispy bacon.. im addicted to it
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bacon rocks! :drinker:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    and it was amazing. Thick-sliced, even. Total win.
    mine wasn't thick sliced - yours sounds better.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    My kids (ages 14 & 10) are convinced that bacon by itself is a food group.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i vomited in my mouth a little. haha. only person on the planet who doesn't like bacon...i know.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha...yes, only one. I had already eaten so I wasn't hungry, but an exception was made for that delightful slice of glorious meatiness. There is actually one more slice left that is mocking me as we speak...but I'm just toying with it, you see. It doesn't know yet that it's minutes are numbered. Let it think it's got a chance.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    OK love...you're fired. :noway:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This doesn't have anything to do with bacon per se, but it is a humorous story about the extreme approach some people take toward a healthy lifestyle. A well-known Christian comedian, Mark Lowry, was relating an experience he had at a pastor's conference years ago. They had taken a break for dinner, and the food was being served buffet style. He was making his way down the buffet, and he came across, by his description, "an orange, moon-shaped vegetable". He said (with a decidedly Texan drawl), "I'd never had an orange, moon-shaped vegetable before, so I thought I'd give it a try." He said, "I bit into it, and it was hard and crunchy and...just...Naaaasty!" He said I tapped one of the ladies on the shoulder and asked her, "Ma'am? What IS this?!" She said, "Oh, that's a sweet potato." He said, "Sweet potata?! Naw, naw, naw...sweet taters are mashed up in a casserole dish with brown sugar, butter, and there's marshmallas on top! Lady, this AIN"T no sweet potata!" She said, "Well, here in the North, WE don't overcook our vegetables. It cooks all the vitamins out of them." He looked at her like she was crazy and said, "For cryin' out loud! Take a pill, but COOK YOUR VEGETABLES! Cook that broccoli 'til it's yella, then poor CHEESE SAUCE all over it! Make a lake of gravy on top o' yer mashed taters! I like my tea so sweet that if I ran out of Mrs. Butterworth's, I could poor it on my pancakes! Die young, make a purdy corpse!"

It's much funnier to hear Mark tell it, though.
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    bacon-roses.jpg

Nuff Said!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    OK love...you're fired. :noway:

haha. i know. ((hangs head in shame))